Cease of line again

Old August 19th 04, 11:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\) voom

Default Cease of line again

Hi all,

This is my second post today about this sorry. My broadband has now gone off
so I assume that Plusnet have done their bit. I called my new provider but
they say the line is still activated.

I noticed the ADSL light on my modem is flashing green. Does this mean
something? When the light goes off does that mean the line is dead?

Old August 19th 04, 11:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\) voom

"Kráftéé" wrote in message

Gareth :-) voom wrote:
Hi all,

This is my second post today about this sorry. My broadband has now
gone off so I assume that Plusnet have done their bit. I called my
new provider but they say the line is still activated.

I noticed the ADSL light on my modem is flashing green. Does this
mean something? When the light goes off does that mean the line is
dead?

Maybe. What it means is that your modem/router isn't/can't synch with the
exchange. The why, can be many things....

If they have physically ceased you, all you need to do is wait the

requisite
period of time for the fact to work it's way through all the many &

diverse
records, then you will be able to order from another ISP....

Which does lead me to one fundimental question, why the heck didn't you

just
migrate your account from one ISP to another? A lot less trouble if &

where
possible.

Migrate was not available. I did ask the question but they could not offer
it.

Old August 22nd 04, 10:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Road_Hog

"Gareth :-) voom" wrote in message
"Kráftéé" wrote in message

Snip

Which does lead me to one fundimental question, why the heck didn't you

just
migrate your account from one ISP to another? A lot less trouble if &

where
possible.

Migrate was not available. I did ask the question but they could not offer
it.

So Plusnet WON'T offer migration? How long did it take to get the new
connection up and running?

Old August 22nd 04, 12:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 22 Aug 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, "Road_Hog" wrote:

So Plusnet WON'T offer migration? How long did it take to get the new
connection up and running?

It depends on what you are migrating "from" and "to". I don't *know* the
full compatibility list, but switching from an IPstream a/c to Datastream
and possibly from 50:1 to 20:1 would need different work to do so there's
no "migration" option in all cases. PlusNet offers (to new customers) a
free migration to another ISP if you are unhappy with PlusNet. Peter M
Depends on account that is opened by new customer, but good value ISP IMO.