Belkin wireless ADSL - new firmware!

Old August 21st 04, 02:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.wireless
arb

Default Belkin wireless ADSL - new firmware!

Hi,

I've just noticed that Belkin released new firmware for their
Wireless ADSL router yesterday (20 Aug). Mine's actually been
working great so I'm in no hurry to upgrade, but I can't find
any release notes describing the changes anyway. Anyone else?

Andrew
Old August 21st 04, 11:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.wireless
Bobby

I have the ASDL modem/router and I've had lots of problems with dropped
lines. Is this firmware for that device?

Bobby

Old August 21st 04, 01:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.wireless
Man With No Name

What model are you talking about??
I have a F5D7630 and went on the belkin website there is no firmware for
that one

--
'In the land of the blind the one eyed man is King'

Old August 21st 04, 01:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.wireless
Scooter

"Man With No Name" wrote in message
What model are you talking about??
I have a F5D7630 and went on the belkin website there is no firmware for
that one

Its the ADSL Modem With Built-In 11g Wireless Router

F5D7630-4A/B

Old August 21st 04, 02:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.wireless
Sunil Sood

"Man With No Name" wrote in message
What model are you talking about??
I have a F5D7630 and went on the belkin website there is no firmware for
that one

Yes, there is..

Its at
http://web.belkin.com/support/downlo...B&lang=1&mode=

Regards
Sunil

Old August 21st 04, 03:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.wireless
Sunil Sood

"arb" wrote in message news[email protected]
I've just noticed that Belkin released new firmware for their
Wireless ADSL router yesterday (20 Aug). Mine's actually been
working great so I'm in no hurry to upgrade, but I can't find
any release notes describing the changes anyway. Anyone else?

According to Belkin:

- The latest firmware resolves disconnection issues
- It increases wireless performance

I don't think their are is any new functionallity - instead it "enhances the
existing features"

It also appears easier to setup the Belkin if you are using multiple IP
addresses (i.e. with Zen)

Personally, I think all customers should email Belkin and ask for them to
add/display the line stats (dB, SNR etc) - which it currently doesn't do..

Regards
Sunil

Old August 21st 04, 07:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.wireless
Bobby

Cheers Sunbil. Do you know what this update is meant to improve?

I've had real problems with dropped lines when more than one PC tries to
access the Net via this device.

Bobby

Old August 21st 04, 07:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.wireless
Sunil Sood

"Bobby" wrote in message
Cheers Sunbil. Do you know what this update is meant to improve?

I've had real problems with dropped lines when more than one PC tries to
access the Net via this device.

As per my other post..

Old August 21st 04, 07:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.wireless
Bobby

- The latest firmware resolves disconnection issues
- It increases wireless performance

Is this an admission from Belkin that this device does not operate
correctly? I've had terrible problems with dropped connections (requiring a
reset) whenever more than one wireless device tries to access the Net.

Bobby