Plusnet Geographical telephone number

Old August 21st 04, 07:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Krft

Default Plusnet Geographical telephone number

Title says it all, does anyone one know if Plusnet has a 'geographical'
telephone number, for support?

The 0845 number is more expensive to phone (although it is a local rate
number) than a geographical number would be on ony of the BT call plans.

TIA

B-)

Old August 21st 04, 11:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

There is no publicly available geographic number for PlusNet. You may also
find that your cheap BT package specifically excludes Internet calls as
they often do things like that.

--
Colin
Old August 21st 04, 11:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 21 Aug 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, "Krft" wrote:

The 0845 number is more expensive to phone (although it is a local rate
number) than a geographical number would be on ony of the BT call plans.

If 1p a minute is too costly (that's the default now, on BT Together 1,
for off-peak calls to 0845) then I feel sorry for you. How many hours
will you be expecting to wait ? People probably leave more than the
cost of an average call if they toss half a cigarette away, or leave
a bit in the bottom of a pint if they need to leave the pub early.

I know there's the old saying "look after the pennies..." but this is
extraordinary, in my view, considering how many people have used 0845
to access their ISP, and you're on about making a call to get support
or speak to customer services - hopefully not more than 50p total!

Depends on account that is opened by new customer, but good value ISP IMO.
Old August 21st 04, 11:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trent SC

There is no publicly available geographic number for PlusNet. You may also
find that your cheap BT package specifically excludes Internet calls as
they often do things like that.

The poster appears to want a telephone number to contact the support desk,
not to dial up the net.

Old August 21st 04, 01:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Black Shuck

Krft wrote:

Title says it all, does anyone one know if Plusnet has a 'geographical'
telephone number, for support?

The 0845 number is more expensive to phone (although it is a local rate
number) than a geographical number would be on ony of the BT call plans.

TIA

B-)

Think yourself lucky you are not with an ISP that charges 1 a
minute.... rather than (a whole) 1p a minute...

--
"This dog don't give a feck..."
Old August 21st 04, 03:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Albrow SJ

"Krft" wrote in message
Title says it all, does anyone one know if Plusnet has a 'geographical'
telephone number, for support?

The 0845 number is more expensive to phone (although it is a local rate
number) than a geographical number would be on ony of the BT call plans.

Why not ask plusnet in their forum (or other plusnet users).

Sam

TIA

B-)

---
If you have any queries regarding this email please contact Horshamnet on
08708811293.

Old August 21st 04, 03:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Krft

cw wrote:
There is no publicly available geographic number for PlusNet. You
may also find that your cheap BT package specifically excludes
Internet calls as they often do things like that.

Who mentioned internet???

Now have you got an answer....

Old August 21st 04, 03:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Krft

Black Shuck wrote:
Krft wrote:

Title says it all, does anyone one know if Plusnet has a
'geographical' telephone number, for support?

The 0845 number is more expensive to phone (although it is a local
rate number) than a geographical number would be on ony of the BT
call plans. TIA

B-)

Think yourself lucky you are not with an ISP that charges 1 a
minute.... rather than (a whole) 1p a minute...

Oh I know I know, but when you're on a package which gives you free
geographical calls (NO NOT INTERNET) it would be nice if I could contact a
support department using a geographical number instead of being charged....

Old August 21st 04, 03:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cheeky

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 14:19:12 +0100, "Albrow SJ"
wrote:

"Krft" wrote in message
Title says it all, does anyone one know if Plusnet has a 'geographical'
telephone number, for support?

The 0845 number is more expensive to phone (although it is a local rate
number) than a geographical number would be on ony of the BT call plans.

Why not ask plusnet in their forum (or other plusnet users).

Sam

http://www.saynoto0870.com/ has no support number listed,
unfortunately. Seein g if other users have it would seem to be your
best bet!

They're based in Sheffield, IIRC.

--

Please reply to the group