Plusnet???

Old August 21st 04, 08:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\) voom

Default Plusnet???

Just stumbled upon www.plus.net.uk. Is it the same company as www.plus.net
as they have different home pages but look similar.

Old August 21st 04, 08:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dominic

Gareth :-) voom wrote:
Just stumbled upon www.plus.net.uk. Is it the same company as
www.plus.net as they have different home pages but look similar.

Yup, same company. If you click on 'Careers' on plus.net you get a page with
the look of plus.net.uk

Dominic

Old August 21st 04, 08:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

Gareth :-) voom wrote:

Just stumbled upon www.plus.net.uk. Is it the same company as
www.plus.net as they have different home pages but look similar.

I think it *is* the same company. I suspect that the .uk site is an old one
which they've forgotten to get rid of - because the prices are out of date,
and the press releases only go up to 2003!
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old August 21st 04, 10:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 21 Aug 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, "Gareth" wrote:

upon www.plus.net.uk.

hardly likely to be any other - .net.uk domains can only be registered
by ISPs (check the Nominet site, a number of requirements, from memory)
but Nominet did have a discussion on wiping all .net.uk at some point
possibly because of lack of need... not many other .net.uk sites to
look at. I know Eclipse used that form of domain, but might not now.
Old August 22nd 04, 12:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martyn Dewar

Tiscali Tim wrote:
Gareth :-) voom wrote:

Just stumbled upon www.plus.net.uk. Is it the same company as
www.plus.net as they have different home pages but look similar.

I think it *is* the same company. I suspect that the .uk site is an old one
which they've forgotten to get rid of - because the prices are out of date,
and the press releases only go up to 2003!

The .net.uk site was for their "business" products iirc, however I think
it was due to be removed at some point in the future (due to the fact
that it is out of date).

No doubt one of the Comms Team bods from Plusnet will post with some
more info / confirmation in the near future though
Old August 22nd 04, 12:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\) voom

"Tx2" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
, a.k.a Gareth :-) voom says...

Just stumbled upon
www.plus.net.uk.

Stumbled?? Fecking hell mate, what ADSL planet do you live on?

The Plusnet one...that's why I'm leaving them.

Old August 22nd 04, 06:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

In article ,
says...

The .net.uk site was for their "business" products iirc, however I think
it was due to be removed at some point in the future (due to the fact
that it is out of date).

No doubt one of the Comms Team bods from Plusnet will post with some
more info / confirmation in the near future though

That is correct. Back in the day (1999 or there abouts) we used to have:

Plus.Net.UK - business vISP
Force9 - Residential vISP
Free-Online - Free Residential accounts only

All three were aimed at different markets. At this point we were still
"Force9" and a part of Choice Micro, which had not yet been aquired by
Insight. When Insight bought Choice Micro in 2000 (and therefore acuired
us) we changed to "PlusNet Technologies Ltd" and the orange and puple
plusnet was created (and of course we have now gone full circle and are
no longer a part of Insight)

Since then we have made PlusNet, Force9 and Freeonline have the same
product set since there was no reason to have them seperate any more.

We are slowly integrating plus.net.uk and force9 into just force9 .. for
example if you signup through the plus.net.uk portal it will redirect
you to force9. There are a lot of backend issuse making this harder than
simply turning the plus.net.uk portal off.

Hope that makes sense ..

Regards,
--
http://www.plus.net
+ ---- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---+
Old August 22nd 04, 08:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Hookham

PlusNet Support Team muttered something about:

All three were aimed at different markets. At this point we were still
"Force9" and a part of Choice Micro, which had not yet been aquired by
Insight. When Insight bought Choice Micro in 2000 (and therefore
acuired us) we changed to "PlusNet Technologies Ltd" and the orange
and puple plusnet was created (and of course we have now gone full
circle and are no longer a part of Insight)

You sure, Josh? I thought Insight opened their wallets for you back in 98,
the year after I joined f9. Incidentally, do we get rewarded for long
service? ;p

Old August 22nd 04, 08:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cecil Garson

In article , David
Hookham writes
PlusNet Support Team muttered something about:

All three were aimed at different markets. At this point we were still
"Force9" and a part of Choice Micro, which had not yet been aquired by
Insight. When Insight bought Choice Micro in 2000 (and therefore
acuired us) we changed to "PlusNet Technologies Ltd" and the orange
and puple plusnet was created (and of course we have now gone full
circle and are no longer a part of Insight)

You sure, Josh? I thought Insight opened their wallets for you back in 98,
the year after I joined f9. Incidentally, do we get rewarded for long
service? ;p

I thought this as well, and a quick look on the insight website confirms
this.

A reward for long service does sound nice ;-p
--
Cecil Garson
Old August 22nd 04, 09:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

PlusNet Support Team wrote in
:

(and of course we have now gone full circle and are
no longer a part of Insight)

Still using the Insight building though :0)
Does PlusNet actually still use the old PlusNet Towers building next to
the Hilton or is it just abandoned now and someone forgot to take the
logo down from the front door?

--
Colin