What is the very best quality BB modem/router?

Old August 22nd 04, 08:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jacqui or (maybe) Pete

Default What is the very best quality BB modem/router?

Peter wrote:
Too many problems with Linksys / D-link / Netgear it seems.

I had to upgrade the firmware on my draytek 2600G before it would work
properly, which took a bit of scrabbling around on the net to find the
right version. I've also had to reset it twice this year to restart the
print queue (probably an XP / bidirectional printing thing). And the
case design's not great.

Those are the only negative things I can think of to say about it!
Old August 22nd 04, 08:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Kelly

"Jacqui or (maybe) Pete" wrote in message
Peter wrote:
Too many problems with Linksys / D-link / Netgear it seems.

I had to upgrade the firmware on my draytek 2600G before it would work
properly, which took a bit of scrabbling around on the net to find the
right version. I've also had to reset it twice this year to restart the
print queue (probably an XP / bidirectional printing thing). And the
case design's not great.

Those are the only negative things I can think of to say about it!

What sort of problems are you referring to?

Don't forget satisfied customers just use their kit rather than constantly
complaining about it.

I decided that they were all so alike that I left the final decision to my
wife - which one was the most aesthetically pleasing?

However, I did know which one she would choose.

No prizes for guessing - and it wasn't Linksys

Old August 26th 04, 12:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
sarah

Peter wrote:

Well... I bought the 2600Gi and cannot get it to work... the config
software works so perhaps one of the countless config options is not
set quite right. On this system, there is no ISDN, only BB with
PlusNet. I've disabled the various ISDN options and even done a
factory reset. I wonder how reliable the autodetect feature is for the
DSL settings?

I phoned PlusNet and they don't know any more than their ADSL modem
settings. Does anyone know a "quick start" config for a typical UK BB
ISP?

VPI: 0
VCI: 38
Encapsulating type: VC MUX