NTL'S 'EXCELLENT' SERVICE

Old August 22nd 04, 11:02 AM posted to free.uk.internet.broadband,ntl.discussion.broadband.stb,ntl.feedback.broadband,uk.media.broadband,uk.telecom.broadband
No Spam

Default NTL'S 'EXCELLENT' SERVICE

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 11:59:02 GMT, "Drummie" wrote:

Can some out there recommend a good ISP based on user experience?
There are so many choices and based on the responses I'm having 2nd thoughts
about committing myself to a 12 month contract.
I have read the threads to this post and some of you make some good points
now I need views of the users out there.

Anyone using AOL and what are they like??

Thanks

My company has used both Pipex and Demon for ASDL and both companies
provided excellent service.

Also I have friends who use Nildram and Eclipse and they think they're
really good.

I'd avoide AOL like the plague and their software will right royally
screw your PC. I'd also give BT a miss as they are as bad as NTL
comparing notes between me and friends who've been with BT ASDL.

Personally, if prices go up any more, I'm seriously thinking of going
with Nildram. I'm about to get rid of NTL TV for Sky+ so I might as
well consider ASDL instead of NTL CM.

NO SPAM.

Old August 22nd 04, 06:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 10:02:41 +0100, No Spam
wrote:

[...]

Hey, that's being a bit harsh on AOL and BT. There are loads of
reasons to sign up with them, and I'll list the benifits he

Well that should be enough for now.
David Bradley

Old August 22nd 04, 11:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

Most hilarious....

Anyway, I'd go with NTL, then AOL, then BT - purely for the bloody bandwidth
limit on BT, it's a bit crap really, let's be honest. They have a rep of
disconnecting users who go over it as well, as well as doing it on dial-up,
now they're doing it on broadband. Sort of defeats the purpose of having
high-speed net access really in my opinion.

AOL are quite good, the only thing letting them down is their software,
however the broadband software's&service perfectly fine, having used it
myself.

BT, typical monopolising f****rs, avoid.

"Martyn Dewar" wrote in message

snip

ahahahaha

Old August 23rd 04, 04:30 PM posted to free.uk.internet.broadband,ntl.discussion.broadband.stb,ntl.feedback.broadband,uk.media.broadband,uk.telecom.broadband
Rob S

wrote:

-Personally, if prices go up any more, I'm seriously thinking of going
-with Nildram. I'm about to get rid of NTL TV for Sky+ so I might as
-well consider ASDL instead of NTL CM.

Bear in mind that nildram have just been taken over by Pipex.

Most users I've spoken to don't see this as a *good thing*, but are watching and
waiting.....

-Rob
robatwork at mail dot com
Old August 23rd 04, 05:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 23 Aug 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, Rob S wrote:

Bear in mind that nildram have just been taken over by Pipex.
Most users I've spoken to don't see this as a *good thing*, but
are watching and waiting.

Anyone who has been using 123-reg.co.uk for domains might also keep in
mind that this is another subsidiary. I'm also 'watching and waiting' !!

ntl.discussion.broadband.stb, ntl.feedback.broadband, uk.media.broadband
and free.uk.internet.broadband were removed from newsgroup list. Peter
Old August 24th 04, 12:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

poster wrote:
On 23 Aug 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, Rob S wrote:

Bear in mind that nildram have just been taken over by Pipex.
Most users I've spoken to don't see this as a *good thing*, but
are watching and waiting.

Anyone who has been using 123-reg.co.uk for domains might also keep
in mind that this is another subsidiary. I'm also 'watching and
waiting' !!

ntl.discussion.broadband.stb, ntl.feedback.broadband,
uk.media.broadband and free.uk.internet.broadband were removed
from newsgroup list. Peter

Well all NTL. newsgroups are supposedly not propigated outside of NTL, so if
you did get them on another ISP's servers it was NTL keeping up to it's
normal high standards (not)

Old August 24th 04, 02:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob S

-
-Bear in mind that nildram have just been taken over by Pipex.
-Most users I've spoken to don't see this as a *good thing*, but
-are watching and waiting.
-
-Anyone who has been using 123-reg.co.uk for domains might also keep in
-mind that this is another subsidiary. I'm also 'watching and waiting' !!

Coincidentally, I use nildram AND 123-reg. I'd rate nildram as excellent for
uptime, could-do-better for support response, overall good. 123-reg have seemed
fine so far, apart from a small incident with a DNSRBL which I think was down to
one of their users.....

-Rob
robatwork at mail dot com