Fibre and ADSL

Old August 23rd 04, 08:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ronny

Default Fibre and ADSL

Anyone know what is happening with fibre and adsl, I have a mate who still
cant get adsl because his house is in one of them fibre layed BT areas,
apparenlty 30,000 people are effected by this, and was wondering if there is
any news on the situation being sorted?

Cheers

ronny

Old August 23rd 04, 08:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 18:09:28 GMT, "ronny" wrote:

Anyone know what is happening with fibre and adsl, I have a mate who still
cant get adsl because his house is in one of them fibre layed BT areas,
apparenlty 30,000 people are effected by this, and was wondering if there is
any news on the situation being sorted?

there is a plan to add "copper overlay" to the TPON fibre served
areas, go look at adslguide.org.uk and search the forums for TPON

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !