Bulldog - 2Mb - poor line speeds

Old August 23rd 04, 08:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Malcolm Knight

Default Bulldog - 2Mb - poor line speeds

"guv" wrote in message

Since last wednesday, I noticed that download speeds had dropped
considerably.

I have Bulldog's 2MB via a reseller and getting the same lousy service .
There never was much support direct from Bulldog but now that C&W have taken
over it appears to be even worse. However my reseller does answer enquiries.
He says that "there are issues with one of Bulldog's central pipes". Rumour
has it they only have two.

Lots of complaints about Bulldog at www.adslguide.org.uk - but then there
always is.
--
Malcolm

Old August 23rd 04, 11:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick

guv wrote:
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 19:59:23 +0100, "Malcolm Knight"
wrote:

"guv" wrote in message

I now have managed to get a faster connection - but tests show its
very poor for a 2Mb connection (using ADSLguide.org.uk). Connecting to
my newsfeed, "newserver.com", when it was working fine, I would get a
pretty constant 220-230KB/s. That was excellent, but only lasted 2
weeks. Now its anything from 0 - 21KB/s, with an average of about
10KB/s. Thats not much better than dialup!

Don't you just love isp's who use datastream.

In the meantime, I spoke to customer services regarding the several
other issues. Not much help there due to time of evening - but has at
least promised a call back tomorrow.

All in all, its the worst internet ISP decision I have made to date in
my 11 years on line.

Bulldog? More like Bull****.

Very true, just like Tiscali

--