"terminal" adapter for adsl?

Old August 24th 04, 07:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SkyCatcher

Default "terminal" adapter for adsl?

Hi,
I have a wirelesss network with a router which has a rj45 connector for a BB
modem. Can anyone recommend a standalone BB (adsl) adapter (i.e. not powered
via a PC) so I can share the BB round my network? I search round a bit but
couldn't find anything.

tia,
Sky

Old August 24th 04, 08:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 06:19:54 +0100, "SkyCatcher"
wrote:

Hi,
I have a wirelesss network with a router which has a rj45 connector for a BB
modem. Can anyone recommend a standalone BB (adsl) adapter (i.e. not powered
via a PC) so I can share the BB round my network? I search round a bit but
couldn't find anything.

you need an ethernet modem or a combined ADSL modem/router

Zoom X3 or X-modem will do
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/reviews/
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/hardware.../q3/xmodem.asp

you may end up duplicating some router functionality, but nothing
impossible.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !