My Router or My Bulldog?

Old August 24th 04, 09:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Philip Rayne

Default My Router or My Bulldog?

Hi, I have seen the post below about Bulldog poor 2Mb speeds, and was
wondering if it could be the cause of my problem. I didn't want to hijack
the thread below so I have created a new one.

I have a USB BT Voyager Modem which when plugged in
www.adslguide/tools/speedtest/asp gives my download speeds of 1400KBps (not
as high as it should be - but I put this down to Bulldogs PrimeTime 2000
package).

My problem is when I plug my router in (my Netgear DG834G) speedtest tells
me I am getting between 300Kbps and 700Kbps. I have configured the MTU in
the router and on the PC for 1500 and this hasn't helped. As far I as can
tell everything else is configured correctly.

I am on my 2nd DG834G as the first one went back due a fault. Can anyone
tell me if the problem is
1) With my router - its another faulty one
2) With the model in general - it won't work well with ISPs that offer
datastream
3) With all routers - there is always a hit with the download speeds
4) With speedtest - the firewall or something might be interfering with the
results
5) With Bulldog - something is not setup right there.

This is a wireless router and I have double checked that by turning off the
wireless access point, that no one is stealing my bandwidth as best I can.

Please, if someone could give me sone advise I would appreciate it. I
bought the router from Ebuyer and I am getting fed up of having to pay to
send faulty routers back to them...