BT Broadband again

Old August 26th 04, 10:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mutley

Default BT Broadband again

Hi,

Has anyone else got any problems with BT Broadbad Basic today?

The line is active, but it wont dial out... I'm having to use dialup atm

Thanks for your time.

--
Please reply to this group. Email removed due to Virus attacks

Old August 26th 04, 11:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"mutley" wrote in message
Hi,

Has anyone else got any problems with BT Broadbad Basic today?

The line is active, but it wont dial out... I'm having to use dialup atm

Do you get an error message when trying to dial up?

Old August 26th 04, 12:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
:::Jerry::::

"Beck" wrote in message

"mutley" wrote in message
Hi,

Has anyone else got any problems with BT Broadbad Basic today?

The line is active, but it wont dial out... I'm having to use dialup atm

Do you get an error message when trying to dial up?

Do you really mean dial up ?...

Old August 26th 04, 01:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message

"Beck" wrote in message

"mutley" wrote in message
Hi,

Has anyone else got any problems with BT Broadbad Basic today?

The line is active, but it wont dial out... I'm having to use dialup atm

Do you get an error message when trying to dial up?

Do you really mean dial up ?...

dialup, connect, whatever. Does not matter, he knows what I mean.

Old August 26th 04, 01:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mutley

"Beck" wrote in message

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message

"Beck" wrote in message

dialup, connect, whatever. Does not matter, he knows what I mean.

no, I connect via a BT Voyager 200 Router, All the lights are on, the power,
LAN and Line...

I've checked all the connections, and they seem to be ok...

Old August 26th 04, 02:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
:::Jerry::::

"Beck" wrote in message

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message

"Beck" wrote in message

"mutley" wrote in message
Hi,

Has anyone else got any problems with BT Broadbad Basic today?

The line is active, but it wont dial out... I'm having to use dialup

atm

Do you get an error message when trying to dial up?

Do you really mean dial up ?...

dialup, connect, whatever. Does not matter, he knows what I mean.

But if the 'puter was trying to connect via a disconnected (modem) dial up
connection rather than connecting through a connected ADSL modem / router...
The OP was the first to use the phrase 'dial up', I suppose I was
questioning that.

Old August 26th 04, 03:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 26 Aug 2004, in uk.telecom.broadband, ":::Jerry::::" wrote:

The OP was the first to use the phrase 'dial up', I suppose
I was questioning that.

yes, but surely it was clear he "dialup" mentioned by the OP was
the 'last resort' (ie 56k) connection, where PCI/USB ADSL modems
often have drivers and are activated in ways similar to dial up,
despite needing no phone number, etc, etc. Peter M.
Old August 26th 04, 04:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message

"Beck" wrote in message

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message

"Beck" wrote in message

"mutley" wrote in message
Hi,

Has anyone else got any problems with BT Broadbad Basic today?

The line is active, but it wont dial out... I'm having to use dialup

atm

Do you get an error message when trying to dial up?

Do you really mean dial up ?...

dialup, connect, whatever. Does not matter, he knows what I mean.

But if the 'puter was trying to connect via a disconnected (modem) dial up
connection rather than connecting through a connected ADSL modem / router...
The OP was the first to use the phrase 'dial up', I suppose I was
questioning that.

I think you have misunderstood. Mutley only said he was using dialup because he
could not connect to his adsl.

Old August 26th 04, 04:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"mutley" wrote in message

"Beck" wrote in message

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message

"Beck" wrote in message

dialup, connect, whatever. Does not matter, he knows what I mean.

no, I connect via a BT Voyager 200 Router, All the lights are on, the power,
LAN and Line...

I've checked all the connections, and they seem to be ok...

So what happens when you try and connect? Does it fail to authenticate? Or are
the no webpages loading?

Old August 26th 04, 04:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mutley

"Beck" wrote in message

no, I connect via a BT Voyager 200 Router, All the lights are on, the

power,
LAN and Line...

I've checked all the connections, and they seem to be ok...

So what happens when you try and connect? Does it fail to authenticate?

Or are
the no webpages loading?

Nothing happens at all, no web pages, no email, usenet ect...