Linksys WAG54G connection

Old August 26th 04, 03:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AA

Default Linksys WAG54G connection

I have a WAG54G at home. 512 ADSL connection with dynamic IP from
telecom. I have 2 computers connected to the modem at home.
Now i would like to connect to my computers at home from work.
I try using remote admin or remote desktop but i can not succeed.
Can anyone help me for setting up the IP numbers and so on?
Thanks
Old August 27th 04, 12:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Edward

AA wrote:
I have a WAG54G at home. 512 ADSL connection with dynamic IP from
telecom. I have 2 computers connected to the modem at home.
Now i would like to connect to my computers at home from work.
I try using remote admin or remote desktop but i can not succeed.
Can anyone help me for setting up the IP numbers and so on?
Thanks

Think you'll need to set up a VPN connection - chapter 5 of the user guide,
page 27.

Old August 28th 04, 12:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

I have a WAG54G at home. 512 ADSL connection with dynamic IP from
telecom. I have 2 computers connected to the modem at home.
Now i would like to connect to my computers at home from work.
I try using remote admin or remote desktop but i can not succeed.
Can anyone help me for setting up the IP numbers and so on?
Thanks

I access my work computers using a remote desktop application called
Famatech Remote Administrator (RADMIN). I like this better than VPN.

What are you using, and what precise difficulty are you experiencing?

Have you forwarded the relevant ports(s) router? It wont work unless you do

Forward the port to the machine most likely to be switched on

With RADMIN you can use the "connect through host " to connect to your other
machine simply by using its network hostname.

The only other advice I can give you at this point is to use a service such
as DynDns so your router can always be found. . If your dynamic IP does not
change very often you may not need it.

Graham.