Equipment Advice please

Old August 26th 04, 07:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Default Equipment Advice please

I'm looking for a ADSL router with 8 ports, preferably with a inbuilt
firewall as well (not just the NAT function)..

Anybody got any clues where I may find such a beast or who even makes one..

The reason I'm looking is that I'm at the moment using a SAR130 into a
RO318, hence 2 sets of NAT protocols to go thru & the obviouse hit on the
connection.

If I can't get a 8 port I suppose i'll have to go with a 4 port & then add a
switch & yes I honestly do need at least 6 ports permanently connected at
all times, honest...

Old August 26th 04, 08:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Brian Morrison wrote:
On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 18:18:29 +0100, in article
"Kráftéé"
wrote:

I'm looking for a ADSL router with 8 ports, preferably with a
inbuilt firewall as well (not just the NAT function)..

Anybody got any clues where I may find such a beast or who even
makes one..

The reason I'm looking is that I'm at the moment using a SAR130
into a RO318, hence 2 sets of NAT protocols to go thru & the
obviouse hit on the connection.

If I can't get a 8 port I suppose i'll have to go with a 4 port &
then add a switch & yes I honestly do need at least 6 ports
permanently connected at all times, honest...

A quick Google has revealed the Netgear FR328SUK at about 127 GBP
from Expansys.

Nope it's a Cable/DSL router, I require the unit to contain the ADSL
interface as well, but thanks anyway, it's a improvement on the one I've
already got, more settings to play with so more things to go wrong...

Old August 26th 04, 11:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Comley

Don't know of a unit with that manuy ports but you do realise you can
hook up the router to a separate switch? So a one- or four-port router
and a five- or eight-port (or more) switch will get you where you're
going.

I would recommend the Zyxel Prestige 660H61 and a Zyxel switch - coz
we sell'em but remember we sell 'em coz they're reliable. The
Prestige has a full SPI firewall built in, as well as full-feature
NAT.

"Kráftéé" wrote:

I'm looking for a ADSL router with 8 ports, preferably with a inbuilt
firewall as well (not just the NAT function)..

Anybody got any clues where I may find such a beast or who even makes one..

The reason I'm looking is that I'm at the moment using a SAR130 into a
RO318, hence 2 sets of NAT protocols to go thru & the obviouse hit on the
connection.

If I can't get a 8 port I suppose i'll have to go with a 4 port & then add a
switch & yes I honestly do need at least 6 ports permanently connected at
all times, honest...

---
Business ADSL solutions
www.wizards.co.uk
Old August 27th 04, 12:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
lurch

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 22:31:08 +0100, Chris Comley
strung together this:

I would recommend the Zyxel Prestige 660H61 and a Zyxel switch - coz
we sell'em but remember we sell 'em coz they're reliable. The

Do they make your spelling go wonky as well? Can that feature be
turned off?
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
Old August 27th 04, 01:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trent SC

I would recommend the Zyxel Prestige 660H61 and a Zyxel switch - coz
we sell'em but remember we sell 'em coz they're reliable. The

Do they make your spelling go wonky as well? Can that feature be
turned off?

The one thing that has surprised me about having access to the
internet has been seeing the number of people who think only people
who hold university degrees should have access to the internet.
Would you say this face to face to him or anyone else I know that if
you said it to me you would not be left standing a few seconds later .

Yes, I would say it to someone's face: the ability to run a spell check
isn't an indication of an elitist education, but a sign of consideration for
the reader.

It's a shame that you feel you would want to resort to physical violence
when confronted by verbal criticism. That perhaps says a great deal about
you, and would be unsuccessful in my case. 10 years of kickboxing and 5 of
Krav Maga are useful disciplines to have in reserve when meeting sloping
foreheads such as yourself.

Old August 27th 04, 01:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Chris Comley wrote:
Don't know of a unit with that manuy ports but you do realise you
can hook up the router to a separate switch? So a one- or four-port
router and a five- or eight-port (or more) switch will get you
where you're going.

I would recommend the Zyxel Prestige 660H61 and a Zyxel switch - coz
we sell'em but remember we sell 'em coz they're reliable. The
Prestige has a full SPI firewall built in, as well as full-feature
NAT.

Been to your site & can't find a trace of the unit quoted I'm afraid....