Getting connected

Old August 26th 04, 07:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeteC

Default Getting connected

Hi guys,

been a bit of a lurker these past few weeks as we are finally getting BB
from our local exchange on Wednesday 1st. I've pre ordered with Central
Point who "estimate" that we'll be online by 15th!!! Does it normally take
this long? I've read about some people getting online a few days before the
official connection date. We've also paid for the modem from them and it
hasn't arrived yet. Do you think they will be checking the line before they
send out the modem. The wife is SO impatient. Somebody help.

TIA

Pete

Old August 26th 04, 09:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"PeteC" wrote in message

been a bit of a lurker these past few weeks as we are finally getting
BB from our local exchange on Wednesday 1st. I've pre ordered with
Central Point who "estimate" that we'll be online by 15th!!! Does it
normally take this long? I've read about some people getting online a
few days before the official connection date. We've also paid for the
modem from them and it hasn't arrived yet. Do you think they will be
checking the line before they send out the modem. The wife is SO
impatient. Somebody help.

It will probably take you slightly longer than some other people to be
connected on your exchange.

This is because I believe CentrePoint uses DataStream (most ISP's use
IPStream) which normally takes a bit longer to provision..

As for the modem - they will probably wait until they get the line test
result before sending it out

Regards
Sunil

Old August 27th 04, 12:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ronny

"PeteC" wrote in message

It will probably take you slightly longer than some other people to be
connected on your exchange.

This is because I believe CentrePoint uses DataStream (most ISP's use
IPStream) which normally takes a bit longer to provision..

As for the modem - they will probably wait until they get the line test
result before sending it out

Regards
Sunil

Cheers Sunil

Pete have a read here, there are alot of posts about the same question, and
cpbb support are using the forums now

www.cpbbforum.com

Cheers
Ronny