Advice required USB Router

Old August 27th 04, 08:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stewart Brown

Default Advice required USB Router

Please could someone out there recommend a router to use with Bt Broadband
USB connection, along with the best place on the web to purchase it from?,
if possible it would be helpful if it has a USB print server as well.

Many thanks in advance of any help.

Stew

Old August 28th 04, 01:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jock Mackirdy

In article , Stewart Brown
wrote:
Please could someone out there recommend a router to use with Bt Broadband
USB connection, along with the best place on the web to purchase it from?,
if possible it would be helpful if it has a USB print server as well.

You're unlikely to find a router with USB ports. If your PC doesn't have an
ethernet port and you don't want to fit one, you can get a USB to ethernet
convertor box. My NTL cable modem has both USB and ethernet ports.

--

Jock Mackirdy
Bedford

Old August 29th 04, 11:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lurid

?

http://www.dslshop.co.uk/530datasheet.asp

Old August 29th 04, 01:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 09:05:03 +0000, Lurid wrote:

"Jock Mackirdy" wrote in message

You're unlikely to find a router with USB ports.

?

http://www.dslshop.co.uk/530datasheet.asp

I would still use it on ethernet !!

Dave

Old August 31st 04, 12:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stewart Brown

Sorry I am some what confused, I only need the USB connection for the modem
(the wan connection), as I have Ethernet cards in all my pc's

thanks

Stew
"Jock Mackirdy" wrote in message
In article , Stewart

Brown

Old August 31st 04, 12:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:02:11 GMT, in uk.telecom.broadband,
"Stewart Brown" wrote:

as I have Ethernet cards in all my pc's

Then mentioning USB just confuses the issue ! See the unit numbers
mentioned in the most recent thread you started, with the subject
"Simple Plug and play USB Router"
Old August 31st 04, 01:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
lurch

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:02:11 GMT, "Stewart Brown"
strung together this:

Sorry I am some what confused, I only need the USB connection for the modem
(the wan connection), as I have Ethernet cards in all my pc's

In that case then, you're stuffed. If you fancy building an IPCop
firewall you could use it on that, if that's not to your liking then
you'll have to buy an ADSL modem\router combo.
Bin the USB modem, it's not worth anything, you're not saving anything
by trying to use it again.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd