phone noise

Old August 29th 04, 09:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
thedeerhunter270

Default phone noise

I'm getting a bit of noise of my phone line when I'm using my BB - would
this in all likelihood be the filters?

Cheers

Old August 29th 04, 10:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

"thedeerhunter270" wrote in message
I'm getting a bit of noise of my phone line when I'm using my BB - would
this in all likelihood be the filters?

Cheers

Try a different filter, I did find some cheap ones I bought caused this
problem on one of my ADSL lines.

Old August 29th 04, 11:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 08:58:00 +0100, thedeerhunter270 wrote:

I'm getting a bit of noise of my phone line when I'm using my BB - would
this in all likelihood be the filters?

Cheers

Would this be on a DECT phone by any chance ?. I had to invest in a better
filter for my DECT for this reason.

Dave

Old August 29th 04, 01:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Dave Stanton" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 08:58:00 +0100, thedeerhunter270 wrote:

I'm getting a bit of noise of my phone line when I'm using my BB - would
this in all likelihood be the filters?

Cheers

Would this be on a DECT phone by any chance ?. I had to invest in a better
filter for my DECT for this reason.

I will never buy a DECT phone again. They are supposed to be the best
technology for phones, digital and all that, but they are just awful. I haven't
any experience of them with broadband, but normal voice is just awful.

Old August 29th 04, 01:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

I will never buy a DECT phone again. They are supposed to be the best
technology for phones, digital and all that, but they are just awful. I haven't
any experience of them with broadband, but normal voice is just awful.

Well I have BT 4016 and have to say it seems ok, but you pays your money
etc etc

Cheers

Dave

Old August 29th 04, 01:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
thedeerhunter270

"Dave Stanton" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 08:58:00 +0100, thedeerhunter270 wrote:

I'm getting a bit of noise of my phone line when I'm using my BB - would
this in all likelihood be the filters?

Cheers

Would this be on a DECT phone by any chance ?. I had to invest in a better
filter for my DECT for this reason.

Dave

No just a normal phone...

Old August 29th 04, 01:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lawrence Wong

"Beck" wrote in message
I will never buy a DECT phone again. They are supposed to be the best
technology for phones, digital and all that, but they are just awful. I

haven't
any experience of them with broadband, but normal voice is just awful.

DECT telephones uses 32kbs ADPCM speech coding. The MOS rating for 32kbs
ADPCM is higher than the MOS rating for GSM and in my experience and opinion
it is "toll" quality.

If your cordless phone is providing poor quality speech then make sure

1) it is a real DECT phone (some cordless phones are infact analogue and not
digital at all)
2) you are not operating it at the edge of its range
3) your phone is not faulty

Old August 29th 04, 03:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Lawrence Wong" wrote in message
"Beck" wrote in message
I will never buy a DECT phone again. They are supposed to be the best
technology for phones, digital and all that, but they are just awful. I

haven't
any experience of them with broadband, but normal voice is just awful.

DECT telephones uses 32kbs ADPCM speech coding. The MOS rating for 32kbs
ADPCM is higher than the MOS rating for GSM and in my experience and opinion
it is "toll" quality.

If your cordless phone is providing poor quality speech then make sure

1) it is a real DECT phone (some cordless phones are infact analogue and not
digital at all)
2) you are not operating it at the edge of its range
3) your phone is not faulty

Its a proper dect, and always used within the permitted range. Could be faulty,
but it only has problems calling certain numbers.

Old August 31st 04, 11:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Darren Grant

thedeerhunter270 wrote:

No just a normal phone...

The best thing to do is remove the front of your master socket and plug
your filter in to the test socket. Now connect your phone & modem to see
if the problem persists. If the problem remains try a better filter, a
comparison of some common filters is available at
http://www.adslnation.com/support/filters.php get a filter that scores
at least 4 stars and usually that will solve the problem providing the
line or phone is not faulty.

Old August 31st 04, 05:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Java Jive

Didn't catch the start of this thread, but I got noise in the phone when the
ADSL filter, plugged into the output of the phone spike protector circuit of
my power 6-way, hung too close to the power plug (incorporating the
low-voltage PSU) to my router ... I just moved things around to avoid it.

"Darren Grant" wrote in message
thedeerhunter270 wrote:

No just a normal phone...

The best thing to do is remove the front of your master socket and plug
your filter in to the test socket. Now connect your phone & modem to see
if the problem persists. If the problem remains try a better filter, a
comparison of some common filters is available at
http://www.adslnation.com/support/filters.php get a filter that scores
at least 4 stars and usually that will solve the problem providing the
line or phone is not faulty.

---