Buffalo wbr g54 - Connection Problems

Old August 29th 04, 09:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Doc

Default Buffalo wbr g54 - Connection Problems

Hi,
I am using WBR G54 to connect to Internet. The Buffalo Airstation is
connected to my Desktop PC (Dell - Windows XP home) thru cable and I
am able to access the Internet using my ISP NTL Broadband (600kbps).
The problem I have is when I try to access internet using my laptop
(Sony - Centrino 1.6 - XP Professional) using the Airstation, I am not
able to access the Internet. The WIRELESS LED on the airstation is not
glowing.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Doc
Old August 29th 04, 10:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Laurie

Doc wrote:
The WIRELESS LED on the airstation is not glowing.

Advanced settings : LAN Settings : Wireless.
Make sure Wireless function is enabled.

--
Laurie

Old August 30th 04, 10:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Doc

"Laurie" wrote in message ...
Doc wrote:
The WIRELESS LED on the airstation is not glowing.

Advanced settings : LAN Settings : Wireless.
Make sure Wireless function is enabled.

Thanks Laurie for your reply.My wireless function was enabled,still
not receiving any signal
Old August 31st 04, 11:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Darren Grant

If the wireless light is not illuminated on your Airstation then the
wireless module has not been loaded.

This can be caused by.
1. Wireless being switched off, but you have checked that.
2. corrupted configuration, update to latest firmware and perform a
factory reset.
3. the wireless card has come loose inside the router (or is faulty)
this will require the router to be sent back for a waranty replacemnt
from the vendor.

Old August 31st 04, 11:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Darren Grant

Oops, sorry about top post.