NTL Cable

Old August 30th 04, 04:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jaime

Default NTL Cable

A (hopefully) quick question on behalf of a friend. What do we need to
connect up 2 computers to the following NTL device:

http://www.jaimem.plus.com/cable.jpg

Is it just a case of a router (such as -
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=52897)
and Ethernet cables to nics in each machine?

Thanks

Old August 30th 04, 05:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

Is it just a case of a router (such as -
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=52897)
and Ethernet cables to nics in each machine?

It is indeed

Old August 30th 04, 09:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jock Mackirdy

In article , Jaime wrote:
A (hopefully) quick question on behalf of a friend. What do we need to
connect up 2 computers to the following NTL device:

http://www.jaimem.plus.com/cable.jpg

Is it just a case of a router (such as -
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=52897)
and Ethernet cables to nics in each machine?

Yes. I use a Belkin 4-port DSL/cable router, which was dead easy to configure.

--

Jock Mackirdy
Bedford

Old August 30th 04, 11:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jaime

"jaime" wrote in message
A (hopefully) quick question on behalf of a friend. What do we need to
connect up 2 computers to the following NTL device:

http://www.jaimem.plus.com/cable.jpg

Is it just a case of a router (such as -
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=52897)
and Ethernet cables to nics in each machine?

Thanks for all the replies.

Old August 30th 04, 11:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\) voom

"jaime" wrote in message
A (hopefully) quick question on behalf of a friend. What do we need to
connect up 2 computers to the following NTL device:

http://www.jaimem.plus.com/cable.jpg

Is it just a case of a router (such as -

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=52897)
and Ethernet cables to nics in each machine?

Thanks

I used the equipment at: http://www.ntlwireless.co.uk/ to mine. It worked
perfect and easy to install.

Old August 31st 04, 08:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

In article ,
says...
A (hopefully) quick question on behalf of a friend. What do we need to
connect up 2 computers to the following NTL device:

http://www.jaimem.plus.com/cable.jpg

Is it just a case of a router (such as -
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=52897)
and Ethernet cables to nics in each machine?

Thanks

That's about it yes.

I use a Sitecom router bought from Maplins for just over 30 quid...works
a treat :-)...connect between cable modem and machines using RJ45 patch
cable.

My router set itself up right out of the box...all you need to do is
register the Router's MAC addy with ntl using their autoreg page which
will come up (via your browser) first time you try to connect via
router.
--
regards
Steve