Linksys WAP54G

Old August 30th 04, 06:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Default Linksys WAP54G

I've got a Linksys WAP54G connecting my home network but with kids PCs,
Broadbandvoice, network printers etc I've run out of ports on it. I thought
I'd add a "Linksys EZXS55W EtherFast 10/100 5-Port Workgroup Switch" to add
some more ports. With both being linksys products with recesses in the top
to allow stacking I assumed they'd be stackable, I've just checked with
Linksys and they're not! Linksys don't seem to be aware of an alternative
model of switch that IS stackable with the WAP54G. Seems a bit bloody stupid
to create an apparently stackable router and have no other products that
will stack on it!

Does anyone know of a linksys switch that IS stackable with the WAP54G?

TIA

Steve

Old August 30th 04, 06:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
lurch

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 17:17:30 +0100, "Steve" strung
together this:

Does anyone know of a linksys switch that IS stackable with the WAP54G?

No, but I wouldn't bother stacking it if it's too much like hard work.
Just stick the switch behind or under something else out of the way,
you don't need to get to it other than to plug things in to it.

I've got a setup here with a PC running IPCop and another running W2K
Server side by side with a Netgear ISDN modem, a Netgear Firewall, a
Netgear ADSL modem, a Netgear hub and a 3com hub all stacked on top.
OK, some of it's at jaunty angles, but it's still stacked!
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd