Plusnet regrade request gone adrift??

Old August 31st 04, 12:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SRT

Default Plusnet regrade request gone adrift??

Hi Plusnet,
I know you monitor here and have recently requested a regrade ( speed +
bandwidth) through the "ticket" process but it appears to have gone adrift
when I confirmed the last request from Stewart Norriss.
Could some kind soul check where I am up to with this request as I do wish
to go ahead tia.
[email protected]
Stuart.

Old September 1st 04, 12:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SRT

Many many thanks Josh,
Stuart.
"PlusNet Support Team" wrote in message
In article , says...

Hi Josh and yes, Its ID :13279689

Hi Stuart,

As discussed on the phone, this is all now progressing for you.

Regards,
--
http://www.plus.net
+ ---- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---+

Old September 4th 04, 01:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derrick Fawsitt

In message , SRT
writes
Many many thanks Josh,
Stuart.
"PlusNet Support Team" wrote in message
.. .
In article , says...

Hi Josh and yes, Its ID :13279689

Hi Stuart,

As discussed on the phone, this is all now progressing for you.

Regards,
--
| Josh Berry.................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support..................for Home & Business
| PlusNet [email protected]
http://www.plus.net
+ ---- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---+

As a PlusNet ADSL "Easy Start" customer (512) with a contract for a
year, (half way through), is there any way I can upgrade to 1mb,
(uncapped). One of the adds seems to say prices are gone down while when
you open another it appears just the same. What is happening and can
anyone help me.

--
Derrick Fawsitt
Old September 4th 04, 10:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

In article , 46
@fitzwilliamonline.com says...

As a PlusNet ADSL "Easy Start" customer (512) with a contract for a
year, (half way through), is there any way I can upgrade to 1mb,
(uncapped). One of the adds seems to say prices are gone down while when
you open another it appears just the same. What is happening and can
anyone help me.

You can upgrade from the easystart straight away, although there are
some additional charges to cover the hardware and activation included in
the account costs.

There is an one off administration charge for the move of 14.99 (which
will move you to a monthly contract).

There is also an additional charge of 7.50 a month on top of your
account costs (lets say 14.99 for the sake of example) until the end of
your first year of ADSL with us. So, if you have had easystart for 6
months already then you upgrade your account will be:

14.99 + 7.50 = 22.49 for 6 months
14.99 after 6 months

Regards,
Old September 4th 04, 04:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derrick Fawsitt

In message , PlusNet Support
Team writes
In article , 46
says...

[...]

Thank you so much for that, I have Broadband easystart 512 from 9th
December 2003. I am now trying to apply your rules stated above to my
account. It would appear that as I now pay 24.99 per month I could go
for the 2mb and still end up, (when the next few months of my contract
are over), paying much the same and be getting a 2mb service, am I
correct?
Thank you again for your reply PlusNet and I hope my query regarding my
own account will help others to make up their mind.
--
Derrick Fawsitt
Old September 4th 04, 05:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

In article , 46
@fitzwilliamonline.com says...

Thank you so much for that, I have Broadband easystart 512 from 9th
December 2003. I am now trying to apply your rules stated above to my
account. It would appear that as I now pay 24.99 per month I could go
for the 2mb and still end up, (when the next few months of my contract
are over), paying much the same and be getting a 2mb service, am I
correct?

Yeah, if you went for the "entry level" 2M account (with 2G of bandwidth
included) you would pay (provising you used 2G or less a month):

19.99 + 7.50 = 27.49 a month until your december payment - it would
then drop to 19.99.

If you do not know how much bandwidth you use there is a tool in the
correction settings area of the portal which will show you what you use
presently.

Regards,
Old September 6th 04, 11:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derrick Fawsitt

In message , PlusNet Support
Team writes
In article , 46
says...

Thank you so much for that, I have Broadband easystart 512 from 9th
December 2003. I am now trying to apply your rules stated above to my
account. It would appear that as I now pay 24.99 per month I could go
for the 2mb and still end up, (when the next few months of my contract
are over), paying much the same and be getting a 2mb service, am I
correct?

Yeah, if you went for the "entry level" 2M account (with 2G of bandwidth
included) you would pay (provising you used 2G or less a month):

19.99 + 7.50 = 27.49 a month until your december payment - it would
then drop to 19.99.

If you do not know how much bandwidth you use there is a tool in the
correction settings area of the portal which will show you what you use
presently.

Regards,

As you will know by now, I have gone for the above option, however,
despite being told that my own personal records show that I used just
under 1G a month, I did not want a capped service. I have always felt
that, (within reason), the idea that you have a limit imposed on how
many hours you access the net is being measured goes back to the days of
dialup when I paid by the minute and takes away somewhat from the "net
experience", (no pun intended).
That is not to say I am being irresponsible but that its nice now and
then to enjoy an odd time or two when you can surf the net in a
frivolous manner without having to feel you must justify every moment as
"productive".

I don't like the way I have described the above but I cannot think of a
better way to do it. Also, up to now I did not in fact know, (in my
ignorance no doubt), that the time and way I used the net was being
monitored. A lot of these Broadband offers seem to suggest that you can
enjoy the freedom and speed it brings, they don't seem to "stress" the
capping side of things.

"Them's" my views and no doubt it will bring down a load on top of my
head however, I must add in finishing that PlusNet have been absolutely
excellent and my criticism does not extend to them as such, just the way
Broadband is described to the ordinary punter generally.
--
Derrick Fawsitt