Tesco.net / Tesco.net Broadband

Old September 1st 04, 11:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
engmanxscot

Default Tesco.net / Tesco.net Broadband

Hi,
I have been using tesco.net for 18 months (dial-up anytime) quite
decent service for me, I have just signed up for the broadband (takes
10-12 day for connection, modem etc)...Quite excited at the
prospect.........

Old September 1st 04, 12:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
:::Jerry::::

"engmanxscot" wrote in message
Hi,
I have been using tesco.net for 18 months (dial-up anytime) quite
decent service for me, I have just signed up for the broadband (takes
10-12 day for connection, modem etc)...Quite excited at the
prospect.........

And your point is ?....

Old September 1st 04, 12:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 1 Sep 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, ":::Jerry::::" wrote:

And your point is ?....

a mistaken duplicate post - in the thread where someone asked:

Or has anyone used them in the past on dial up??

and went on to say

Looking overall for thoughts on Tesco as an ISP, from those
who have experience of them

(although it was after users of broadband and comments on newsgroups)
Old September 1st 04, 12:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mj

And your point is ?....

And your point is?....

Old September 1st 04, 04:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
:::Jerry::::

"mj" wrote in message
And your point is ?....

And your point is?....

To point out the pointless nature of the OP message, other than to make him
(or her) look like an impatient child !... Unless 'poster' is correct and it
was just an errant message meant for another thread, after all the OP wasn't
asking about what filters he should be using etc.

Old September 1st 04, 05:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 1 Sep 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, ":::Jerry::::" wrote:

Unless 'poster' is correct and it was just an errant message

It was a duplicate, word for word, which I'd have expected to be
visible on your news service as well, by now. Just look at the
earlier thread 'Tesco as an ISP' and you'll see the same text!
Old September 1st 04, 05:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
:::Jerry::::

"poster" wrote in message
On 1 Sep 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, ":::Jerry::::" wrote:

Unless 'poster' is correct and it was just an errant message

It was a duplicate, word for word, which I'd have expected to be
visible on your news service as well, by now. Just look at the
earlier thread 'Tesco as an ISP' and you'll see the same text!

Oh yes, except for a different username ! A slip personality ?... :~)

Old September 1st 04, 06:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

Oh yes, except for a different username !

I saw the mail address and where some posts
had a username the others had none... so didn't think anything
more of it... MickeyShaft software sometimes does daft things,
such as hide the actual mail address and 'helpfully' show only
a 'username' - just another reason not to use it for newsgroups
(though the multiple server aspect is one reason I use it, more
for checking 40+ mail accounts than for news servers :-) Peter
Old September 2nd 04, 04:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
half_pint

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message

"engmanxscot" wrote in message
Hi,
I have been using tesco.net for 18 months (dial-up anytime) quite
decent service for me, I have just signed up for the broadband (takes
10-12 day for connection, modem etc)...Quite excited at the
prospect.........

And your point is ?....

That he is quite excited, as indicated?