Tesco Broadband

Old September 1st 04, 09:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
¬Stephen Hammond

Default Tesco Broadband

any good its £20/month 512k unlimited access.

Stephen

Old September 2nd 04, 01:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoSpam

Hmm, got me intrigued now - must be 12 years contract or something because
the website says nothing about it ANYWHERE. Fishy.

Old September 2nd 04, 02:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"nospam" wrote in message
. ..
Hmm, got me intrigued now - must be 12 years contract or something

because
the website says nothing about it ANYWHERE. Fishy.

Its a 12 month contract or 70 quid to cancel before the 12 months are up.
No different really to many ISP's

Old September 2nd 04, 03:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 2 Sep 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, "nospam" wrote:

Hmm, got me intrigued now - must be 12 years contract or something
because the website says nothing about it ANYWHERE. Fishy.

It doesn't take much to pick up a phone. Customer services is on an
0845 number and I commented on the lack of details. 12 month contract
but the chap accepted they could present that information along with a
note about the free setup, free modem, webspace, etc.

Looking at the signup it had a sequence of (1) check phone line
(2) provide contact details (3) provide payment details (4) confirm order
(not on screen so no complaints if the last part is incorrect please!) and I
put it to the chap that terms and conditions could be much earlier into the
signup process, and to be sure info about minimum contract wasn't hidden
in small print.
Old September 2nd 04, 04:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoSpam

and I
put it to the chap that terms and conditions could be much earlier into

the
signup process, and to be sure info about minimum contract wasn't hidden
in small print.

Good stuff - I was only intrigued because I have virgin 512k no limit for
£24.99 per month but there's no contract you can cancel it at the end of any
month, so, as a strong contender to get me as a new customer, I would have
though they would have put the contractual info at the front somewhere,
otherwise, people like me just aren't going to switch. Which, I might add
that for £70, I won't!

Old September 3rd 04, 10:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
¬Stephen Hammond

put it to the chap that terms and conditions could be much earlier into

the
signup process, and to be sure info about minimum contract wasn't hidden
in small print.

Good stuff - I was only intrigued because I have virgin 512k no limit for
£24.99 per month but there's no contract you can cancel it at the end of
any
month, so, as a strong contender to get me as a new customer, I would have
though they would have put the contractual info at the front somewhere,
otherwise, people like me just aren't going to switch. Which, I might add
that for £70, I won't!

you only have to pay £70 if you decide to leave Tesco.net in the first year

Old September 3rd 04, 12:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoSpam

you only have to pay £70 if you decide to leave Tesco.net in the first
year

But if some other broadband company starts a comparable service for £17.99 a
month, I don't want to wait 12 months or pay £70 to get out of the contract.
With Virigin, I can leave anytime I want with no drawbacks. If Tesco offered
the same terms and conditions, I'd gladly move because in real terms, I'd be
saving £5 a month, which is great. But if I'm tied in for 12 months or have
to pay to get out, I'm just not going to move, because financially, its not
worth it.

Now if the Broadband providers really want to hot up the competition they
either all switch to limitless downloads over 512k and have no ties contract
the same as Virgin, or they offer even cheaper rates at say a 3 month tie-in
contract and then see how consumers react. I'm not even sure what I would do
then - I suppose at the end of the day, it all depends on how much it would
go down to. Hence, the reason I'm with Virgin - I'm not tied in when (not
if) the broadband deals get more competitive. Good times ahead, I feel for
the broadband consumer anyway. That is if you're not already tied into a
contract.

At least for a few years : )

Old September 3rd 04, 11:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
brian.craig4

But what do you have to pay virgin for your BB connection if you leave them
anyway, and that is normally £50 odd?

. ..

Old September 6th 04, 05:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoSpam

But what do you have to pay virgin for your BB connection if you leave
them
anyway, and that is normally £50 odd?

AFAIK - I don't have to pay nowt.