Wireless ADSL Modem/Router

Old September 2nd 04, 02:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Soutar

Default Wireless ADSL Modem/Router

I am looking to buy a wireless adsl modem/router and looking at two in
particular, the D-Link DSL-G604T or the Corega BAR-AWLA-54. Any comments on
either?

Thanks,

Stephen.

Old September 2nd 04, 07:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ronald Jones

In message ,
Stephen Soutar writes
I am looking to buy a wireless adsl modem/router and looking at two in
particular, the D-Link DSL-G604T or the Corega BAR-AWLA-54. Any comments on
either?

Before you buy take a look at www.trustedreviews.com they have reviewed
ten routers and the editors choice was 90.47 Belkin full data and test
method is described on the site

I am taking the plunge to get BB and thought it may be better to buy my
own equipment than pay Wanadoo 80 for an unknown make or possibly get
the free issue modem and go wireless later ?
--
Ronald Jones
Old September 2nd 04, 11:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Ronald Jones" wrote in message
I am taking the plunge to get BB and thought it may be better to buy my
own equipment than pay Wanadoo 80 for an unknown make or possibly get
the free issue modem and go wireless later ?

Get your own equipment or a free modem - the Wanadoo box is supposed to be
locked down so you will only ever be able to use it with Wanadoo's service

Regards
Sunil

Old September 3rd 04, 01:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 18:47:20 +0100, Ronald Jones
wrote:

In message ,
Stephen Soutar writes
I am looking to buy a wireless adsl modem/router and looking at two in
particular, the D-Link DSL-G604T or the Corega BAR-AWLA-54. Any comments on
either?

Before you buy take a look at www.trustedreviews.com they have reviewed
ten routers and the editors choice was 90.47 Belkin full data and test
method is described on the site

Ignore the prices given there though. They are available *much*
cheaper than that. (The Belkin one can be had for 76 inc. VAT, the
3Com one can be had for 78 inc VAT, with a free wireless PC card -
that is the one I'm going to get)
Old September 4th 04, 12:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ronald Jones

In message , Alex Heney
writes
On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 18:47:20 +0100, Ronald Jones
wrote:

In message ,
Stephen Soutar writes
I am looking to buy a wireless adsl modem/router and looking at two in
particular, the D-Link DSL-G604T or the Corega BAR-AWLA-54. Any comments on
either?

Before you buy take a look at www.trustedreviews.com they have reviewed
ten routers and the editors choice was 90.47 Belkin full data and test
method is described on the site

Ignore the prices given there though. They are available *much*
cheaper than that. (The Belkin one can be had for 76 inc. VAT, the
3Com one can be had for 78 inc VAT, with a free wireless PC card -
that is the one I'm going to get)

Good to see you have found a source that is much cheaper.
Would you be kind enough to give us the URL so that we can also benefit
Regards
--
Ronald Jones
Old September 4th 04, 12:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 23:19:46 +0100, Ronald Jones
wrote:

In message , Alex Heney
writes
On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 18:47:20 +0100, Ronald Jones
wrote:

In message ,
Stephen Soutar writes
I am looking to buy a wireless adsl modem/router and looking at two in
particular, the D-Link DSL-G604T or the Corega BAR-AWLA-54. Any comments on
either?

Before you buy take a look at www.trustedreviews.com they have reviewed
ten routers and the editors choice was 90.47 Belkin full data and test
method is described on the site

Ignore the prices given there though. They are available *much*
cheaper than that. (The Belkin one can be had for 76 inc. VAT, the
3Com one can be had for 78 inc VAT, with a free wireless PC card -
that is the one I'm going to get)

Good to see you have found a source that is much cheaper.
Would you be kind enough to give us the URL so that we can also benefit

http://www.misco.co.uk/departments/CN83/Wireless_Routers/index.htm

or
http://www.simply.co.uk/search//000603/1////MANUFACTURERA//Wireless+Networking.htm

(Same company, the first is the business arm, and all prices exclude
VAT, the second is the retail arm, and prices include VAT).

--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
[If you can't hear me, it's because I'm in parentheses]

To reply by email, my address is aDOTjDOTheneyATbtinternetDOTcom
Old September 4th 04, 02:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Ronald Jones" wrote in message

Before you buy take a look at www.trustedreviews.com they have
reviewed ten routers and the editors choice was 90.47 Belkin full
data and test method is described on the site

Ignore the prices given there though. They are available *much*
cheaper than that. (The Belkin one can be had for 76 inc. VAT, the
3Com one can be had for 78 inc VAT, with a free wireless PC card -
that is the one I'm going to get)

Good to see you have found a source that is much cheaper.
Would you be kind enough to give us the URL so that we can also
benefit

Ebuyer generally have competitive prices- the Belkin is 68.58 (inc VAT) for
instance

Regards
Sunil