6th September

Old September 2nd 04, 09:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
RPC

Default 6th September

I live on the 6km mark from my broadband enabled exchange and I am unable to
receive broadband. I understand there could be changes on 6th September. BT
haven'yt updated their site and typically of them no e-mails to confirm
this. ( I registered my interest 18 months ago and have never received one
e-mail !!)
So, does anybody know of any ISP's who are allowing sign ups now and who
offers the best service / pound in your opinions.

Thanks

Old September 2nd 04, 09:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kev

www.adslguide.org.uk

Old September 2nd 04, 09:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"RPC" wrote in message
I live on the 6km mark from my broadband enabled exchange and I am unable

receive broadband. I understand there could be changes on 6th September.

BT
haven'yt updated their site and typically of them no e-mails to confirm
this. ( I registered my interest 18 months ago and have never received one
e-mail !!)
So, does anybody know of any ISP's who are allowing sign ups now and who
offers the best service / pound in your opinions.

There are a few ISPs taking pre-orders but none of them will be able to do
anything with them until the 6th as BT won't let them. Plus Net and NDO
definately are taking pre-orders but I doubt you'll get your ADSL any
quicker then someone ordering on the 6th.

Thanks

Old September 2nd 04, 10:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
robert w hall

In article , RPC
serve.co.uk writes
I live on the 6km mark from my broadband enabled exchange and I am unable to
receive broadband. I understand there could be changes on 6th September. BT
haven'yt updated their site and typically of them no e-mails to confirm
this. ( I registered my interest 18 months ago and have never received one
e-mail !!)

To be fair to BT, (for once :-)), the broadband checker on
www.bt.com/broadband DOES explicitly tell you to come back on the 6th,
if the checker currently says you can't have it. Why not do that...

--
robert w hall
Old September 2nd 04, 12:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"RPC" wrote in message
I live on the 6km mark from my broadband enabled exchange and I am unable to
receive broadband. I understand there could be changes on 6th September. BT
haven'yt updated their site and typically of them no e-mails to confirm
this. ( I registered my interest 18 months ago and have never received one
e-mail !!)
So, does anybody know of any ISP's who are allowing sign ups now and who
offers the best service / pound in your opinions.

Try again on the 6th, its only a few more days. By ordering with an isp that
takes preorders, its not going to allow you to have adsl quicker. They still
will not be able to process your order until 6th.
Its only 4 days away, that will give you enough time to research what people
think are the best and worst of isps.
Check out http://www.ispreview.co.uk/broadband/xdsl.shtml for a list of
broadband suppliers, their prices and the pros and cons.

Old September 3rd 04, 07:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
RPC

Thanks for the info guys. Next time I d/l the latest from the group it will
take seconds and not minutes !!