New Line & Ordering BB

Old September 2nd 04, 09:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ChillDVDs

Default New Line & Ordering BB

In the process of moving house atm, got a new BT line installed and trying
to order 2Mb ADSL. Ordered the line yesterday, and they gave me the new
phone number straight away, line has been activated this morning.

So, trying to order BB now - but everytime I try it states 'Number not
recognised by our availability checker'. Any idea how long it takes before
the number gets recognised by their systems? (i'm trying to order Bulldog
btw)

Cheers

Old September 2nd 04, 10:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Comley

It can take 24-48 hours for "new" phone numbers to be added to the
Checker database.

Too late now, of course, what you *should* have done was order a phone
line with ADSL already active. :-) As it is, you'll just have to wait
a day or two before submitting your order. Or talk to an ISP who can
take the order now and will automatically keep trying it until its
accepted. Us, for example! :-)

"ChillDVDs" wrote:

In the process of moving house atm, got a new BT line installed and trying
to order 2Mb ADSL. Ordered the line yesterday, and they gave me the new
phone number straight away, line has been activated this morning.

So, trying to order BB now - but everytime I try it states 'Number not
recognised by our availability checker'. Any idea how long it takes before
the number gets recognised by their systems? (i'm trying to order Bulldog
btw)

Cheers

---
Business ADSL solutions
www.wizards.co.uk
Old September 2nd 04, 10:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth Williams

"ChillDVDs" wrote in message
In the process of moving house atm, got a new BT line installed and trying
to order 2Mb ADSL. Ordered the line yesterday, and they gave me the new
phone number straight away, line has been activated this morning.

So, trying to order BB now - but everytime I try it states 'Number not
recognised by our availability checker'. Any idea how long it takes

before
the number gets recognised by their systems? (i'm trying to order Bulldog
btw)

Cheers

Just a quick note, dont expect Bulldog to be incredibly helpful, I have a
colleague and the office is seeing how long he stays on teh phone before
getting through, the record for him so far is almost 2 hours.

Just a friendly warning.

Old September 2nd 04, 10:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dominic

ChillDVDs wrote:
In the process of moving house atm, got a new BT line installed and
trying to order 2Mb ADSL. Ordered the line yesterday, and they gave
me the new phone number straight away, line has been activated this
morning.

So, trying to order BB now - but everytime I try it states 'Number not
recognised by our availability checker'. Any idea how long it takes
before the number gets recognised by their systems? (i'm trying to
order Bulldog btw)

It can take a long time before the number is updated on BT's availability
checker, but most ISPs should be able to do a "manual order" for you if you
ask, where they put the order through anyway, regardless of the checker
result. That will be the quickest way for you to get ADSL.

Dominic

Old September 2nd 04, 06:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"ChillDVDs" wrote in message

In the process of moving house atm, got a new BT line installed and
trying to order 2Mb ADSL. Ordered the line yesterday, and they gave
me the new phone number straight away, line has been activated this
morning.

As someone else has said its too late now but you can order a new line via
most ISP's (which means BT will enable it for ADSL the same day on
installation)

So, trying to order BB now - but everytime I try it states 'Number not
recognised by our availability checker'. Any idea how long it takes
before the number gets recognised by their systems? (i'm trying to
order Bulldog btw)

It normally takes a day or two.

Otherwise, you can ask Bulldog to submit a "manual order" but that means
more work for ISP's..

As you have decided to use Bulldog would you mind quoting my referral code
when signing up - just quote "bdol 87431" when signing up online (under "How
did you hear about Bulldog?/Referred by a Friend") or if ordering by
telephone.

Regards
Sunil