NTL Broadband Dialup access

Old September 2nd 04, 10:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Andrews

Default NTL Broadband Dialup access

A friend has an NTL Broadband connection, is there a dialup number that he
can use (0845?) to access his account when he is away from home and only has
access to a BT line? (e.g. Telewest have an 0845 or 0870 number for
Broadband Blueyonder).

Having spent over an hour trying to get a sensible answer from NTL, passed
from support to support, and even had it suggested that he subscribes to a
dialup account (only 10 per month) as well, I would appreciate your help!

Peter

Old September 3rd 04, 12:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John R Whale

"Peter Andrews" wrote in message
.uk...
A friend has an NTL Broadband connection, is there a dialup number that he
can use (0845?) to access his account when he is away from home and only

has
access to a BT line? (e.g. Telewest have an 0845 or 0870 number for
Broadband Blueyonder).

Having spent over an hour trying to get a sensible answer from NTL, passed
from support to support, and even had it suggested that he subscribes to a
dialup account (only 10 per month) as well, I would appreciate your help!

Peter

the simple answer is no.

But he can get a dial up account from ntl as you have been told or indeed
any dial up would enable him to access his ntl account to receive mail. He
would only would need an ntl dial up if he wanted to send mail via their
smtp server, but there is not much point in that. I think he would have to
connect via ntl if he wanted to upload to their ftp - apart from that any
dial up account would do.