Dialstar the best adsl deal now!

Old September 2nd 04, 11:58 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom.broadband
Eric S

Default Dialstar the best adsl deal now!

Hi,

It has come to my notice this offer from http://www.dialstart.co.uk of
£17.99 p/m for unlimited surf 512/256 Kbs. Am with Nildram at the
moment, which is very reliable but costs for the same service £22.99.

Before I switch the thought of checking reliability of Dialstar came
to mind. But adslguide does not have them on their chart list. Wow.

Has anybody here have experience with them?

thanks
Old September 3rd 04, 12:02 AM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Sutton

Eric S wrote in message ...

It has come to my notice this offer from http://www.dialstart.co.uk of
£17.99 p/m for unlimited surf 512/256 Kbs. Am with Nildram at the
moment, which is very reliable but costs for the same service £22.99.

Before I switch the thought of checking reliability of Dialstar came
to mind. But adslguide does not have them on their chart list. Wow.

Looks like it's Brightview under different brand with different marketting.

--

- Tony Sutton
- http://www.hyperboard.co.uk - The Biggest Message Board!

Old September 3rd 04, 12:31 AM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Tony Sutton" wrote in message
Eric S wrote in message

It has come to my notice this offer from http://www.dialstart.co.uk of
£17.99 p/m for unlimited surf 512/256 Kbs. Am with Nildram at the
moment, which is very reliable but costs for the same service £22.99.

Before I switch the thought of checking reliability of Dialstar came
to mind. But adslguide does not have them on their chart list. Wow.

Looks like it's Brightview under different brand with different
marketting.

I'm sure I am having a case of dejaview

Regards
Sunil

Old September 3rd 04, 09:40 AM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

Eric S wrote in message ...
Hi,

It has come to my notice this offer from http://www.dialstart.co.uk of
£17.99 p/m for unlimited surf 512/256 Kbs. Am with Nildram at the
moment, which is very reliable but costs for the same service £22.99.

Before I switch the thought of checking reliability of Dialstar came
to mind. But adslguide does not have them on their chart list. Wow.

Has anybody here have experience with them?

I have to wait until 6th September but I an thinking about taking a punt and
going with Dialstart. So far they have responded to email within 24 hours.
I asked about the £17.99 offer being permanent pricing once you had taken
the contract out - it is - and if I could have my xbox on the broadband
connection which I can. Free modem and activation and cheap per month.
Sounds too good to be true!!!

thanks

Old September 3rd 04, 08:03 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom.broadband
Jason

Only downside I can see is that it doesn't seem to offer POP3 or IMAP
email accounts. Instead you get a webmail account. This maybe isn't a
problem for you but I made the same mistake with BY Broadband and
ended up paying £40 for a domain and email package from
oneandone.co.uk.

I just recommended pipex to a friend - 19.99 but 1GB limit for Solo
500 Lite.
Old September 3rd 04, 08:15 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom.broadband
johnydeath

Jason wrote:
Only downside I can see is that it doesn't seem to offer POP3 or IMAP
email accounts. Instead you get a webmail account. This maybe isn't a
problem for you but I made the same mistake with BY Broadband and
ended up paying £40 for a domain and email package from
oneandone.co.uk.

I just recommended pipex to a friend - 19.99 but 1GB limit for Solo
500 Lite.

I still use my email accounts off my old dial up ISPs. You can normally
receive ok from any ISP however you have to dial into that
particular IPS to send.

I noticed that if you install Hotmail Popper, along with allowing
Hotmail from Outlook/outlook express, you can also send from an ISP
POP/SMTP account without dialling into it.

Great for broadband.

Hope this helps someone.