ADSL from 13.99/month

Old September 4th 04, 12:11 AM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

Default ADSL from 13.99/month

13.99/month with a 1GB/month cap
14.99/month uncapped

From http://www.adsl4less.com

I believe the installation charge is 50

Web site is a bit scarce but I believe the company has obtained 15million
in subsidy from somewhere and are looking to build up a userbase of about
35,000 users

Never heard of this company though - at least with DailStart you "know" who
is behind it

Regards
Sunil

Old September 4th 04, 12:34 AM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom.broadband
Dominic

From http://www.adsl4less.com

I believe the installation charge is 50

Web site is a bit scarce but I believe the company has obtained
15million in subsidy from somewhere and are looking to build up a
userbase of about 35,000 users

Never heard of this company though - at least with DailStart you
"know" who is behind it

Looks interesting.. the only slightly odd thing is that it says in their
news section "January 2004 - after 3 months of trading we have a customer
base of 3000", but the adsl4less.com domain record was only created in
August 2004, and there's no mention of any other trade name.

I'd be curious to hear the results - if someone would like to try them out..
I wonder if we have a spare PSTN line I could order it on!

Dominic

Old September 4th 04, 01:56 AM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom.broadband
logized

From http://www.adsl4less.com

I believe the installation charge is 50

Web site is a bit scarce but I believe the company has obtained 15million
in subsidy from somewhere and are looking to build up a userbase of about
35,000 users

Never heard of this company though - at least with DailStart you "know"

who
is behind it

Regards
Sunil

That website content is so minimal, they don't even give a phone number or
address!
Whilst searching for more info, I came across another ISP (also claims to be
the cheapest uncapped at 16.99)
http://www.v21.co.uk/index2.asp
Never heard of them before, but the site looks better (apart from the ADSL
signup page not working!)

Dave

Old September 4th 04, 04:25 AM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

From http://www.adsl4less.com

I believe the installation charge is 50

Web site is a bit scarce but I believe the company has obtained
15million in subsidy from somewhere and are looking to build up a
userbase of about 35,000 users

They seem to be related (or a reseller) of http://www.hotchilli.co.uk/

Regards
Sunil

Old September 4th 04, 09:25 AM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom.broadband
RPC

I had a dial up account with this company
http://www.v21.co.uk/index2.asp
for 18 months and the service was OK. I switched because of the slow
downloads, because of high contention ratios at the budget end. As a service
they were very good

From http://www.adsl4less.com

Old September 4th 04, 05:13 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom.broadband
Clueless2

From http://www.adsl4less.com

I believe the installation charge is 50

Web site is a bit scarce but I believe the company has obtained
15million in subsidy from somewhere and are looking to build up a
userbase of about 35,000 users

Just been communitcating with their sales via and
received an almost instant response to my query (and subsequent queries).

I am looking for a low cost capped/uncapped service for a friend who
requires a minimum of two email account. It would appear that adsl4less only
offers one email per ADSL account (50mb storeage) and no webspace (lack of
webspace is not a problem).

However it looks like by special arrangement they are prepared to increase
the number of emails per ADSL account on request FOC. Nice to see a company
being flexible like this. Will report back once I have had a tast of the
quality of their ADSL serivce.

Old September 5th 04, 01:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Philip Wagstaff

I've been with v-2-1 (as they seem to prefer being called) for several years
on dial up but changed to ADSL (19.99) pay monthly no annual deals, about a
year ago and I have been very happy with the service. Now the price has been
reduced I'll be even happier.

FYI they are offering 1M for 26.99 and 2M at 39.99, no limits on any ADSL.
Oh yes, 16.99 for USB modem or 44.99 for 4 router http://portal.v21.co.uk

Old September 5th 04, 06:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
___

"Philip Wagstaff" wrote in message
I've been with v-2-1 (as they seem to prefer being called) for several

years
on dial up but changed to ADSL (19.99) pay monthly no annual deals, about

year ago and I have been very happy with the service. Now the price has

been

Hmm Fast4 a virtual ISP of V21 charges me 18.75 a month, something not
right here

Old September 5th 04, 11:01 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom.broadband
Les Desser

In article , Sunil Sood
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 23:11:55 writes

13.99/month with a 1GB/month cap
14.99/month uncapped

From http://www.adsl4less.com

Well, I think their web page is a bit of fib as they compare prices with
AOL, Demon and BT claiming all prices are excluding VAT, which I know is
not true for the Demon price and I suspect the same for the others. So
the true comparison is their price of 16.44 and not 13.99
--
Les Desser
(The Reply-to address IS valid)
Old September 5th 04, 11:15 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom.broadband
Les Desser

In article , Les Desser
Sun, 5 Sep 2004 22:01:42 writes

In article , Sunil Sood
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 23:11:55 writes

From http://www.adsl4less.com

Well, I think their web page is a bit of fib as they compare prices
with AOL, Demon and BT claiming all prices are excluding VAT, which I
know is not true for the Demon price and I suspect the same for the
others. So the true comparison is their price of 16.44 and not 13.99

In fact a correct comparison is the 14.99+VAT uncapped service which
comes to 17.69