Bulldog - IPStream or DataStream?

Old September 4th 04, 01:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Terrance

Default Bulldog - IPStream or DataStream?

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows whether the Bulldog AllTime1000
products is over IPStream or DataStream... I've tried to contact Bulldog
themselves about this but it seems their tech support phones are, um,
broken. And they're not replying to emails.

Thanks for your help peeps.

Jerome

Old September 4th 04, 02:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Terrance" wrote in message

I was just wondering if anyone knows whether the Bulldog AllTime1000
products is over IPStream or DataStream...

They use both - it depends on your exchange.

If you use http://www.bulldogdsl.com/checker/bus_checker.asp it will tell
you the one they are "likely" to use.

However, even with exchanges where they have DataStream capability, they may
put you on IPStream

I've tried to contact
Bulldog themselves about this but it seems their tech support phones
are, um, broken. And they're not replying to emails.

Yes, Bulldog have been having customer service problems - both their phone
systems and a server upgrade that didn't go according to plan - in addition
they are in the middle of moving to a new building.. (that could have
something to do with the phones!)

If you do decide to use Bulldog would you mind quoting my referral code when
signing up - just quote "bdol 87431" when signing up online (under "How did
you hear about Bulldog?/Referred by a Friend") or if ordering by
telephone?

Regards
Sunil

Old September 4th 04, 04:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Malcolm Knight

"Terrance" wrote in message
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows whether the Bulldog AllTime1000
products is over IPStream or DataStream... I've tried to contact Bulldog
themselves about this but it seems their tech support phones are, um,
broken. And they're not replying to emails.

If you are on one of about 35 centraal London exchanges it will be neither
(LLU).

Most elsewhere have been Datastream but Bulldog have said recently that lots
are to be moved to IPstream imminently (next Wednesday was stated). My
Bulldog connection has always been IPstream (for which I was charged a
considerable premium). On a good day it works at about one third of the
rated speed.

As you have noted, Bulldog do not respond to emails, phone calls or any form
of complaint apart from when the noise at www.adslguide.org.uk gets
especially loud. Go there to see just how bad things are; then run like
hell.
--
Malcolm

Old September 4th 04, 04:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Malcolm Knight" wrote in message

If you are on one of about 35 centraal London exchanges it will be
neither (LLU).

The url I posted will show that as well

Most elsewhere have been Datastream but Bulldog have said recently
that lots are to be moved to IPstream imminently (next Wednesday was
stated).

I thought that next Wednesday was actually the new date for the server
upgrade/migration that they had problems with last week

I think the mass DataStream to IPstream migration thing is currently still a
rumour.

Regards
Sunil

Old September 6th 04, 10:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jerome

In article , Malcolm Knight says...

As you have noted, Bulldog do not respond to emails, phone calls or any form
of complaint apart from when the noise at www.adslguide.org.uk gets
especially loud. Go there to see just how bad things are; then run like
hell.

Yup, that's why I was wondering about whether it was IPStream - I'm trying to
move to Vispa at the moment and I'll save 50 or so on activation it it is