Linksys Wireless Broadband router (WRT54G-UK)

Old September 5th 04, 07:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mooncat

Default Linksys Wireless Broadband router (WRT54G-UK)

Has anyone got this same router? The reason I ask is that I have just
brought one second hand and it was missing a lead.
The lead I need is a RJ45 to RJ11 lead. The RJ45 plugs into the router.
The RJ11 plugs into my Intel Modem.

The guy who I brought it off reckons it came with a RJ45 to RJ45 lead. Is
this true? If it is, can anyone help me out with the pin outs to make a
RJ45 to RJ11 lead? Or can it connect to this modem ok?

Regards

Russ

Old September 5th 04, 08:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tfp ntl

Has anyone got this same router? The reason I ask is that I have just
brought one second hand and it was missing a lead.
The lead I need is a RJ45 to RJ11 lead. The RJ45 plugs into the router.
The RJ11 plugs into my Intel Modem.

The guy who I brought it off reckons it came with a RJ45 to RJ45 lead. Is
this true? If it is, can anyone help me out with the pin outs to make a
RJ45 to RJ11 lead? Or can it connect to this modem ok?

try these guys, they can connect most stuff http://www.cableuniverse.co.uk/
(no connection, just they seem on the ball..)

I've not come across a broadband modem with an RJ11 output before.

Old September 5th 04, 08:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Lord

"Mooncat" wrote in message
Has anyone got this same router? The reason I ask is that I have just
brought one second hand and it was missing a lead.
The lead I need is a RJ45 to RJ11 lead. The RJ45 plugs into the router.
The RJ11 plugs into my Intel Modem.

The guy who I brought it off reckons it came with a RJ45 to RJ45 lead. Is
this true? If it is, can anyone help me out with the pin outs to make a
RJ45 to RJ11 lead? Or can it connect to this modem ok?

I've got the same router but connected to my NTL STB. It did indeed come
with a RJ45 to RJ45 lead (crossover I believe). I'd have thought that your
modem's output would be via an ethernet port anyway? I've no experience of a
standalone ADSL modem but I've always assumed that they have a USB or
ethernet port (RJ45) connection to the PC or LAN. What model is your modem?

Andy

Old September 5th 04, 09:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mooncat

Does this router work with the BT Broadband? I am starting to have my
doubts whether it does or not.

Russ

Old September 5th 04, 11:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 18:26:03 +0000 (UTC), "Mooncat"
wrote:

The lead I need is a RJ45 to RJ11 lead. The RJ45 plugs into the router.
The RJ11 plugs into my Intel Modem.

The guy who I brought it off reckons it came with a RJ45 to RJ45 lead. Is
this true? If it is, can anyone help me out with the pin outs to make a
RJ45 to RJ11 lead? Or can it connect to this modem ok?

This router is a cable router. It needs a modem with an JR45 output.
You can't connect it to a modem with some other wan socket, it simply
won't work.

By the way, are you /sure/ your modem has an RJ11 wan socket, that
seems odd - most of the ones I've seen had either USB or RJ45 wan
sockets.

Old September 6th 04, 04:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
nigel. carron

In message , Mooncat
writes
Has anyone got this same router? The reason I ask is that I have just
brought one second hand and it was missing a lead.
The lead I need is a RJ45 to RJ11 lead. The RJ45 plugs into the router.
The RJ11 plugs into my Intel Modem.

The guy who I brought it off reckons it came with a RJ45 to RJ45 lead. Is
this true? If it is, can anyone help me out with the pin outs to make a
RJ45 to RJ11 lead? Or can it connect to this modem ok?

Its a router so he is correct a standard RJ45-RJ45 lead is supplied -
You sure your modem isn't a USB modem etc rather than the Ethernet modem
you need?

--
Nigel J Carron

Old September 6th 04, 06:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mooncat

Yes it is a usb modem. It's the Intel one supplied by BT. Stand alone
modem. Does the router work with BT Broadband or have I got to look at
replacing my modem?

Russ

"nigel. carron" wrote in message
In message , Mooncat
writes

Old September 7th 04, 08:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mooncat

Thanks for the info
Russ

"nigel. carron" wrote in message
In message , Mooncat
writes
Yes it is a usb modem. It's the Intel one supplied by BT. Stand alone
modem. Does the router work with BT Broadband or have I got to look
at replacing my modem?

Yes - you need an Ethernet Modem - cheapest new option is opne of the
single port ethernet Modems/routers they can often be reconfigured to
act as just a simple modem..

The Router + correct modem will almost certainly work with BT Broadband.

--
Nigel J Carron

Old September 11th 04, 09:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mooncat

It's an Intel DSL 3240. It has a usb socket for connection to the PC. And
the other connection is RJ11 which connects to the DSL filter. Looks like I
need a modem with a ethernet socket at the back.

Anyone got one for sale?

Russ