DialStart Broadband - too good to be true?

Old September 6th 04, 10:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

Default DialStart Broadband - too good to be true?

This seems too good to be true.

http://www.dialstart.co.uk/adsl/default.asp

No activation fee
Free modem
No download limit

And only 17.99 per month

Whats the catch? Is anyone with the ISP for broadband? If so, are they any
good?

Old September 6th 04, 11:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 09:53:00 +0100, "Dave" @. wrote:

This seems too good to be true.

http://www.dialstart.co.uk/adsl/default.asp

No activation fee
Free modem
No download limit

Minimum 12 month contract.

And only 17.99 per month

Whats the catch?

I do like clause 4.3 of the T&C's.

--
Hiram Hackenbacker
Old September 6th 04, 11:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

I'm poised to signup, it's by far the best offer I've found.
Can you see anything dodgey about the deal? I really need to know if their
service is reliable.

Old September 6th 04, 11:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Grant

"Hiram Hackenbacker" wrote in message

I do like clause 4.3 of the T&C's.

4.1 without any recourse to cancel is the one that stopped me placing an
order with them.

Old September 6th 04, 11:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 10:19:37 +0100, "Dave" @. wrote:

I'm poised to signup, it's by far the best offer I've found.
Can you see anything dodgey about the deal?

Not dodgy, but I wouldn't sign a 12 month contract or one with a
clause like 4.3.

Old September 6th 04, 11:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

Grant

Who did you order with?

t...

Old September 6th 04, 11:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 10:35:59 +0100, "Grant" wrote:

I do like clause 4.3 of the T&C's.

4.1 without any recourse to cancel is the one that stopped me placing an
order with them.

You are quite correct - with a minimum 12 month contract they could in
theory double their charge in month two and you would be stuffed for
11 months.

As I mentioned in another reply I wouldn't sign anything for more than
a 1-month contract for Broadband anyway.

--
Hiram Hackenbacker
Old September 6th 04, 11:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Grant

"Dave" @. wrote in message

Grant

Who did you order with?

Pipex 17.99/month 250k no caps, free install and modem

Mine's a 6km HH line served via TPON. Reckon I've got . this much
chance - but with one hurdle removed today, had to give it a try.....

Old September 6th 04, 12:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

Good advice, thanks.

I think I'll stick with current ISP (www.firenet.uk.net)

Old September 6th 04, 12:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Hiram Hackenbacker" wrote in message
On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 09:53:00 +0100, "Dave" @. wrote:

This seems too good to be true.

http://www.dialstart.co.uk/adsl/default.asp

No activation fee
Free modem
No download limit

Minimum 12 month contract.

I've been in contact with them via email and there response time is pretty
good for queries which is always a good test in my opinion.

And only 17.99 per month

Whats the catch?

I do like clause 4.3 of the T&C's.

I'll have to read those again. How do they compare to pipex for example?

--
Hiram Hackenbacker