Broadband installed today... :)

Old September 6th 04, 02:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mutley

Default Broadband installed today... :)

Hi there,

Is it a good idea to have the BroadBand modem connected to the computer when
waiting for the ADLS connection to be activated?

Btw, I'm with Pipex.

Thanks, Mutley.

Old September 6th 04, 02:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy M Jenkins

Mutley wrote:
Hi there,

Is it a good idea to have the BroadBand modem connected to the computer when
waiting for the ADLS connection to be activated?

Should'nt make any difference.

Btw, I'm with Pipex.

Nor that ;o)

--
Regards
Andy M Jenkins
Old September 6th 04, 03:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Mutley" wrote in message
Hi there,

Is it a good idea to have the BroadBand modem connected to the computer when
waiting for the ADLS connection to be activated?

Yes. Many people find they are activated a day or two early so it is worth
setting everything up and ready. Depending on your type of modem, if the line
is not ready you will have a flashing light on the modem. If it is ready, then
the modem lights are still and not flashing.

Old September 6th 04, 03:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mutley

"Beck" wrote in message

Yes. Many people find they are activated a day or two early so it is
worth
setting everything up and ready. Depending on your type of modem, if the
line
is not ready you will have a flashing light on the modem. If it is ready,
then
the modem lights are still and not flashing.

I've as given a Speedtouch 330 USB ADSL Modem from Pipex...

A friend of mine has also given me a BT Voyager 200 Router..

Which would be better to use?

Thanks.

Old September 6th 04, 04:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Mutley" wrote in message ...

"Beck" wrote in message

Yes. Many people find they are activated a day or two early so it is
worth
setting everything up and ready. Depending on your type of modem, if the
line
is not ready you will have a flashing light on the modem. If it is ready,
then
the modem lights are still and not flashing.

I've as given a Speedtouch 330 USB ADSL Modem from Pipex...

A friend of mine has also given me a BT Voyager 200 Router..

Which would be better to use?

Sorry I don't know. I could write my knowledge of modems on the back of a
stamp. I would say that if the router has a built in modem, then that is
probably the better option if you have more than one pc.

Old September 6th 04, 06:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Beck wrote:

"Mutley" wrote in message
Hi there,

Is it a good idea to have the BroadBand modem connected to the computer when
waiting for the ADLS connection to be activated?

Yes. Many people find they are activated a day or two early so it is worth
setting everything up and ready. Depending on your type of modem, if the line
is not ready you will have a flashing light on the modem. If it is ready, then
the modem lights are still and not flashing.

Read your manual.
Mine goes from two flashing to one flashing on connection.
Old September 6th 04, 06:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dominic

Mutley wrote:
"Beck" wrote in message

Yes. Many people find they are activated a day or two early so it is
worth
setting everything up and ready. Depending on your type of modem,
if the line
is not ready you will have a flashing light on the modem. If it is
ready, then
the modem lights are still and not flashing.

I've as given a Speedtouch 330 USB ADSL Modem from Pipex...

A friend of mine has also given me a BT Voyager 200 Router..

Which would be better to use?

Definitely the router.

Old September 6th 04, 07:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
Beck wrote:

"Mutley" wrote in message
Hi there,

Is it a good idea to have the BroadBand modem connected to the computer

when
waiting for the ADLS connection to be activated?

Yes. Many people find they are activated a day or two early so it is worth
setting everything up and ready. Depending on your type of modem, if the

line
is not ready you will have a flashing light on the modem. If it is ready,

then
the modem lights are still and not flashing.

Read your manual.
Mine goes from two flashing to one flashing on connection.

I did say depending on the modem...

Old September 6th 04, 08:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mutley

"Mutley" wrote in message
Hi there,

Is it a good idea to have the BroadBand modem connected to the computer
when waiting for the ADLS connection to be activated?

Btw, I'm with Pipex.

Thanks, Mutley.

Well, its nearly 7pm, and not online as yet....

Is there a set time it goes live during the activation day? (06.09.2004)

Old September 6th 04, 08:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Beck wrote:

"Mutley" wrote in message
Hi there,

Is it a good idea to have the BroadBand modem connected to the computer

when
waiting for the ADLS connection to be activated?

Yes. Many people find they are activated a day or two early so it is worth
setting everything up and ready. Depending on your type of modem, if the

line
is not ready you will have a flashing light on the modem. If it is ready,

then
the modem lights are still and not flashing.

Read your manual.
Mine goes from two flashing to one flashing on connection.

I did say depending on the modem...

For some reason, that line of the message did not appear in my own little
world
Oops.