Fast4 want 11.75 for migration

Old September 6th 04, 03:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
___

Default Fast4 want 11.75 for migration

I can have ther cheaper 16.99 price but they want me to pay for it in a way
:-

In order to offer a better service to our customers, we have partnered with
Telefonica for ADSL provisioning. Prior to Friday 3rd September, our ADSL
orders were provided via BT equiptment at costs regulated by BT - however,
by working with Telefonica instead, we can offer additional ADSL services
and for a cheaper cost too.

Existing customers can take advantage of the lower costs for ADSL -however,
a migration fee is applicable if you wish this to happen. Essentially, your
line is currently authenticating across a BT network to reach ourselves and
in order to take advantage of the cheaper costs, we need to move your line
across to the new network we have put in place - the engineering cost of
this is 10+VAT (11.75).

If you wish to take advantage of this, please reply to this ticket stating
your interest or alternatively contact Customer Services directly on 0870
442 9600. A migration will take approximately two weeks to complete and your
subscription will be charged for the migration fee.

You may also wish to have your line regraded to a faster connection; this is
also possible when you have been migrated across to the new network backbone
and the regrade fee is also 11.75 - however, this can not occur until after
the line has been moved to the new network.