056 VoB

Old September 6th 04, 03:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Taylor

Default 056 VoB

I see BT are offering an extra phone number for Broadband users
beginning with 056 if they subscribe to VoB. I believe the 'anytime -
day or night' charge is 14.00 pounds a month providing no call is over
60 minutes.6

055 numbers are 5p a minute so I expect 056 numbers should be the same?

Sounds a reasonable bargain.

--
Andrew Taylor (Ampers on Skype)
London UK - www.taylor.co.uk
Old September 6th 04, 06:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dd

Andrew Taylor wrote:

I see BT are offering an extra phone number for Broadband users
beginning with 056 if they subscribe to VoB. I believe the 'anytime -
day or night' charge is 14.00 pounds a month providing no call is over
60 minutes.6

055 numbers are 5p a minute so I expect 056 numbers should be the same?

Sounds a reasonable bargain.

They only announced that 056 numbers would be used today. I think think
BT BBV are actually issuing them yet.
Old September 6th 04, 08:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Landregan

--
My Website http://www.thedragon.co.uk
"Andrew Taylor" wrote in message
I see BT are offering an extra phone number for Broadband users beginning
with 056 if they subscribe to VoB. I believe the 'anytime - day or night'
charge is 14.00 pounds a month providing no call is over 60 minutes.6

055 numbers are 5p a minute so I expect 056 numbers should be the same?

Sounds a reasonable bargain.

--
Andrew Taylor (Ampers on Skype)
London UK - www.taylor.co.uk

I have had Broadband Voice for 3 months now and on an 05511 number. surly
they cant have run out of numbers already!!!!

Old September 8th 04, 09:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Linus Surguy

"Paul Landregan" wrote:

--
My Website http://www.thedragon.co.uk
"Andrew Taylor" wrote in message
I see BT are offering an extra phone number for Broadband users beginning
with 056 if they subscribe to VoB. I believe the 'anytime - day or night'
charge is 14.00 pounds a month providing no call is over 60 minutes.6

055 numbers are 5p a minute so I expect 056 numbers should be the same?

Sounds a reasonable bargain.

I have had Broadband Voice for 3 months now and on an 05511 number. surly
they cant have run out of numbers already!!!!

They havnt run out - 055 number range wasnt intended for the consumer 'VoIP'
usage, BT were a bit pre-emptive in using it, although Ofcom did take about a
year to make the 056 available, so I can understand BT not waiting!

You may find that BT now moves you to an 056 number - it isnt clear if Ofcom are
going to insist on this.

Finally, charge bands for 056 have not currently been set, these will be
determined by the telco operating the number.

Linus

www.telesave.co.uk: UK 2.5p/1.5/1p South Africa 6p US,France,Germany,Eire 2.5p
Looking for VoIP? We will gateway SIP & IAX to and from the PSTN.
Old September 8th 04, 03:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dd

Linus Surguy wrote:
"Paul Landregan" wrote:

--
[...]

Ofcom also said that Geographic Numbering would also be acceptable. But
I doubt BT Broadband Voice will offer this. Which is a shame.
Old September 8th 04, 08:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Linus Surguy

But you can find other companies that do, such as www.intervivo.net and
www.voiptalk.org