wanadoo MAC code..no joy

Old September 6th 04, 07:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ferg

Default wanadoo MAC code..no joy

Has anyone managed yet to get a mac code out of wanadoo?
Ive been ringing them for over a month now and each time im told it takes 48
hours and ill receive it by email,however i never do and believe it or not
they cant give me an answer why i still havnt received it,i plan to migrate
to f2surf but at this rate it could be xmas before im with them,my account
is in order and im over my 12 months,in fact they have overcharged my
account last 2 months(billing mistake),they have even offered me a deal
almost matching f2surf (17.99.. 6 gig limit) but i just want shot of them
now

ferg
remove nospam to reply

Old September 6th 04, 07:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
higgy

"ferg" wrote:

Has anyone managed yet to get a mac code out of wanadoo?
Ive been ringing them for over a month now and each time im told it
takes 48 hours and ill receive it by email,however i never do and
believe it or not they cant give me an answer why i still havnt
received it,i plan to migrate to f2surf but at this rate it could be
xmas before im with them,my account is in order and im over my 12
months,in fact they have overcharged my account last 2 months(billing
mistake),they have even offered me a deal almost matching f2surf
(17.99.. 6 gig limit) but i just want shot of them now

The stuff I've read on freeserve.adsl.discuss beggers belief. The excuses
they've been giving people include: Don't support migration. Wanadoo
support migration, but Freeserve don't. Can't send the code by email - it
isn't secure!

Suffice to say, I plan on putting my request in writing and sending it via
recorded snail-mail.

Dave.
Old September 6th 04, 08:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ferg

Has anyone managed yet to get a mac code out of wanadoo?
SNIP

The stuff I've read on freeserve.adsl.discuss beggers belief. The excuses
they've been giving people include: Don't support migration. Wanadoo
support migration, but Freeserve don't. Can't send the code by email - it
isn't secure!

Suffice to say, I plan on putting my request in writing and sending it via
recorded snail-mail.

Dave.

XXXX

i just asked them if they could send me an email to test my address and was
told they cant do that in case customers spam their email address! even
though they plan to email me my mac code,id complain to offcom or whatever
the watchdog body is now but their process also looks too drawn out,every
time i ring up Wanadoo
they offer to put me on 1 meg deal free,how kind lol but im happier to pay
an extra couple of pound to f2surf than these idiots

ferg