Wanadoo expect modem returned Y/N ??

Old September 6th 04, 08:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan

Default Wanadoo expect modem returned Y/N ??

I am on month 10 of 12 with 512 BB Wanadoo. If I terminate the contract at
month 12 am I still required to send back the Thomson USB modem and filters?
I did ask them on the phone but they were "not certain they need to be
returned" . That's not the answer I expected but I don't want to phone again
the 0870xxxxx number and spend time and money on them. What's your
experience?

Alan

Old September 7th 04, 01:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Alan" wrote in message

I am on month 10 of 12 with 512 BB Wanadoo. If I terminate the
contract at month 12 am I still required to send back the Thomson USB
modem and filters? I did ask them on the phone but they were "not
certain they need to be returned" . That's not the answer I expected
but I don't want to phone again the 0870xxxxx number and spend time
and money on them. What's your experience?

If it was a "self install" installation the modem belongs to you..

Regards
Sunil

Old September 7th 04, 08:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PJB

"Graham Tavener" wrote in message
BT wanted the old USB frog modem after 2 yrs..

Really?...still got mine, left BT over 18 months ago, after
2.5yrs on ADSL (With NO complaints, I might add, only moved
for the higher speed on Cable)

P.

Old September 7th 04, 11:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Graham Tavener" wrote in message
BT wanted the old USB frog modem after 2 yrs..

ah the blessed frog. I still have mine from when I had adsl a few years ago.
They never asked for it back. Still in perfect working order. Maybe I should
ebay it :-p

Old September 7th 04, 04:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Comley

"Alan" wrote:

I am on month 10 of 12 with 512 BB Wanadoo. If I terminate the contract at
month 12 am I still required to send back the Thomson USB modem and filters?
I did ask them on the phone but they were "not certain they need to be
returned" . That's not the answer I expected but I don't want to phone again
the 0870xxxxx number and spend time and money on them. What's your
experience?

I doubt it'd be worth their while recovering the kit; I'd advise
assuming not, but if a demand arrives by post or something for the
return, send it back, buy new, it's not expensive stuff. :-)

Better yet, buy a router.

---
Business ADSL solutions
www.wizards.co.uk
Old September 7th 04, 09:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Graham Tavener" wrote in message

BT wanted the old USB frog modem after 2 yrs..

If you had a "engineer install" rather than an "self install" BT Wholesale
technically own the modem - so are entitled to ask for it back (however
their record on doing so is patchy)

Regards
Sunil

Old September 12th 04, 09:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lasitha

"Alan" wrote in message
I am on month 10 of 12 with 512 BB Wanadoo. If I terminate the contract at
month 12 am I still required to send back the Thomson USB modem and

filters?
I did ask them on the phone but they were "not certain they need to be
returned" . That's not the answer I expected but I don't want to phone

again
the 0870xxxxx number and spend time and money on them. What's your
experience?

I signed-up for a free 1-month trial last September (which lasted 6 months).
They never asked for anything back. So I guess, they won't bother.

Lasitha

Old September 12th 04, 10:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Makoque

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 19:46:52 +0100, "Alan"
wrote:

I am on month 10 of 12 with 512 BB Wanadoo. If I terminate the contract at
month 12 am I still required to send back the Thomson USB modem and filters?
I did ask them on the phone but they were "not certain they need to be
returned" . That's not the answer I expected but I don't want to phone again
the 0870xxxxx number and spend time and money on them. What's your
experience?

After 12 months, I'd assume the modem will be yours to keep, as it was
never really free, just you paid for it with your subscription. What
use is a second hand piece of kit to an ISP? They can hardly give it
to a new user, and it's probably more hassle for them refurbishing it
/ testing it works fully etc, than to just give a new subscriber a
brand new one. Plus if I signed up with an ISP and they gave me a free
modem that was second hand I wouldn't be too happy!

AL