Usage Allowances... Lets get the Facts :)

Old September 8th 04, 12:06 AM posted to free.uk.internet.broadband,uk.media.broadband,uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

Default Usage Allowances... Lets get the Facts :)

What with many ISPs having caps nowadays I thought it be fun to investigate
the 1GB or 2GB that many ISPs now have as their limit a bit. I realise it
depends how much you use the net or how you particularly use it, and some
may not even get close to any limit but lets get a real idea of this issue.
So here goes... Hands up who uses more then say 2GB in a month and who
doesn't?

Some stats on how much some heavy users who have hammered their connection
in a month would be fun, a kinda who has the biggest GB rating for a
monthly period LOL )
The same but the reverse way round for small GB users would be interesting
also )

Old September 8th 04, 12:41 AM posted to uk.media.broadband,uk.telecom.broadband,free.uk.internet.broadband
Bob Eager

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 23:06:21 UTC, "Dave"
wrote:

may not even get close to any limit but lets get a real idea of this issue.
So here goes... Hands up who uses more then say 2GB in a month and who
doesn't?

I used just over 2GB in the last four weeks. Download, of course; upload
isn't counted by my ISP.

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!
Old September 8th 04, 12:41 AM posted to free.uk.internet.broadband,uk.media.broadband,uk.telecom.broadband
Zomaar

"Dave" wrote in message

Some stats on how much some heavy users who have hammered their connection
in a month would be fun, a kinda who has the biggest GB rating for a
monthly period LOL )
The same but the reverse way round for small GB users would be interesting
also )

Me and my buddy are both on f9 DSL...last month for me was 395MB - he had
23.7GB...

He downloads all the MP3's...but I've got to retag them...

Old September 8th 04, 01:25 AM posted to free.uk.internet.broadband,uk.media.broadband,uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Zomaar" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message

Some stats on how much some heavy users who have hammered their

connection
in a month would be fun, a kinda who has the biggest GB rating for a
monthly period LOL )
The same but the reverse way round for small GB users would be

interesting
also )

Me and my buddy are both on f9 DSL...last month for me was 395MB - he had
23.7GB...

23.7GB holy &%&%$*&^$ ;D

Old September 8th 04, 01:34 AM posted to free.uk.internet.broadband,uk.media.broadband,uk.telecom.broadband
James Mourby

"Dave" wrote in message

"Zomaar" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message

Some stats on how much some heavy users who have hammered their

connection
in a month would be fun, a kinda who has the biggest GB rating for a
monthly period LOL )
The same but the reverse way round for small GB users would be

interesting
also )

Me and my buddy are both on f9 DSL...last month for me was 395MB - he

had
23.7GB...

23.7GB holy &%&%$*&^$ ;D

According to plus.net's checker....

Aug - September 49.17 Gb

But now seeing as I was upgraded as from 6th from 512 to 1Mb ... lets see
where that goes next.

Old September 8th 04, 02:37 AM posted to uk.media.broadband,uk.telecom.broadband,free.uk.internet.broadband
Petri Krohn

"Bob Eager" kirjoitti viestissä

I used just over 2GB in the last four weeks. Download, of course; upload
isn't counted by my ISP.

I have wired all 40 apartmets in my housing co-operative to an Ethernet
network with a shared ADSL connection. About 25 use the service.

The 4Mbps connection should allow up to 1200GB of downloads a month. (There
is no quota.) We use less than 1/50 of that.

Network usage is very unevenly distributed. The no:1 user uses almost half
the bandwidth. The other user are geometrically distributed between almost
zero to 30% of all usage. The total downloads in the last two months is
about 20GB.

--
Petri Krohn
petri. krohn [email protected] iki. FI(nland)

Old September 8th 04, 03:01 AM posted to free.uk.internet.broadband,uk.media.broadband,uk.telecom.broadband
Ade65

Dave wrote:

Some stats on how much some heavy users who have hammered their
connection in a month would be fun, a kinda who has the biggest GB
rating for a monthly period LOL )
The same but the reverse way round for small GB users would be
interesting also )

I just came over to PlusNet in August having been with BTO Broadband from
the start (2000)
When BTO announced their limits I took some readings of my usage using
Bandwidth Meter.

July all BTO = 77.9GB
August BTO + PlusNet = 31.2GB
7 Days of September all PlusNet = 14GB

The most for a 24 hour period was 3.9GB sent and 3.8GB recieved, a total of
7.7GB

A very big chunk of this data is work related, with large files going
between me and my clients.
That is the sole reason I was on the Broadband trials back in 2000 to see if
it could cope with my heavy traffic.

Old September 8th 04, 03:20 AM posted to free.uk.internet.broadband,uk.media.broadband,uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Ade65" wrote in message
Dave wrote:

Some stats on how much some heavy users who have hammered their
connection in a month would be fun, a kinda who has the biggest GB
rating for a monthly period LOL )
The same but the reverse way round for small GB users would be
interesting also )

I just came over to PlusNet in August having been with BTO Broadband from
the start (2000)
When BTO announced their limits I took some readings of my usage using
Bandwidth Meter.

July all BTO = 77.9GB
August BTO + PlusNet = 31.2GB
7 Days of September all PlusNet = 14GB

The most for a 24 hour period was 3.9GB sent and 3.8GB recieved, a total

of
7.7GB

I wonder if anyone will top this??

Old September 8th 04, 05:16 AM posted to free.uk.internet.broadband,uk.media.broadband,uk.telecom.broadband
Martin

"Dave" wrote in message
What with many ISPs having caps nowadays I thought it be fun to

investigate
the 1GB or 2GB that many ISPs now have as their limit a bit. I realise it
depends how much you use the net or how you particularly use it, and some
may not even get close to any limit but lets get a real idea of this

issue.
So here goes... Hands up who uses more then say 2GB in a month and who
doesn't?

Some stats on how much some heavy users who have hammered their connection
in a month would be fun, a kinda who has the biggest GB rating for a
monthly period LOL )
The same but the reverse way round for small GB users would be interesting
also )

I an enthusiastic Bittorrent user...

My stats on my two favorite Bittorrent sites a

20/8 to 8/9 Uploaded 18.84GB Downloaded 4.36GB.
6/8 to 8/9 Uploaded 11.92GB Downloaded 10.31GB.

I also have an FTP server running 24/7, uploads in the last month were about
40GB.

Biggest download session was downloading three DVD images of ~4GB each in
less than a week.

That's with a Pipex Xtreme Solo 512 downstream/256 upstream connection.

Martin.

Old September 8th 04, 07:50 AM posted to uk.media.broadband,uk.telecom.broadband,free.uk.internet.broadband
Kráftéé

wrote:

may not even get close to any limit but lets get a real idea of
this issue. So here goes... Hands up who uses more then say 2GB in
a month and who doesn't?

I used just over 2GB in the last four weeks. Download, of course;
upload isn't counted by my ISP.

Oh I wish, 2gig doesn't do 48 hours for me as my ISP includes _all_ traffic
up & down (including port scans etc into my IP) & I tend to leave one
machine on all the time, old habit which I should grow out of I know.....