Pipex connection problems

Old September 8th 04, 09:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Commjo

Default Pipex connection problems

I have a conexant 4 port router connected to Pipex Xtreme BB

I cannot connect via ADLSproperly. I can access the internet for about
30 seconds - I go to www.bbc.co.uk or www.pipex.net

After 30 seconds or so the connection fails.

I cannot ping any internet site, but I can ping my router on 10.0.0.2
- response time less than 1ms.

When I view my router's setup page on 10.0.0.2, I can see the modem
logging in and the status changes from "initiating" to "showtime".
Then it loses the connection and starts again.

I see the connection speeds for upstream it is around 500, and for
downstream it is around 250. Then the connection is lost and it
retries.

I have rebooted the router many times, but I still only get internet
connection for around 30 seconds or so.

This problem started in early August. At that time BT changed a few
things on my home line, and that includes changing Redcare. I have
always had Redcare and Broadband, but BT changed something in August
when I queried my bills - I had 2 separate accounts - and they changed
them into one account (I think).

The problem started around then, but I don't know if this is a
coincidence.

I am waiting to Pipex to call back, but I thought I would try here
also.

Any ideas anyone.

SPAMTRAP
add a 2 just before the @hotmail.com to respond.