Netgear WG834G Versus Netgear WGT624

Old September 8th 04, 01:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
T4_TUT

Default Netgear WG834G Versus Netgear WGT624

Now that I can get broadband I'm considering purchasing a Netetgear WGT624
due to the faster transfer rates (using the WG511T PC card) as opposed to
the WG834G. All the literature I've read though doesn't confirm that the
WGT634 is actually an adsl router.

Is anyone able to shed some more light on this for me please ?

Old September 9th 04, 09:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Pleasants

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 13:20:38 +0100, "T4_TUT" wrote:

Now that I can get broadband I'm considering purchasing a Netetgear WGT624
due to the faster transfer rates (using the WG511T PC card) as opposed to
the WG834G. All the literature I've read though doesn't confirm that the
WGT634 is actually an adsl router.

Is anyone able to shed some more light on this for me please ?

Sorry, your post is a little confused.

There is no such thing as the WG834G. I presume you mean the DG834G
which is Netgear's bog standard wireless ADSL router.

The other device you mention you give two different numbers as well
WGT624 on the first line and WGT634 on the last. These are two
different models so any comparison will be guess work on both counts
although I am assuming you really mean WGT624.

The DG834G is an all-in-one box, including ADSL modem, NAT router, 11g
wireless and 4 port switch. The WGT624 appears to pretty much the
same unit with the addition of SuperG wireless (108mbps) and the loss
of the ADSL modem.

I hope this clarifies the situation.
Old September 12th 04, 01:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Wiraone

"T4_TUT" wrote in
:

Now that I can get broadband I'm considering purchasing a Netetgear
WGT624 due to the faster transfer rates (using the WG511T PC card) as
opposed to the WG834G. All the literature I've read though doesn't
confirm that the WGT634 is actually an adsl router.

Is anyone able to shed some more light on this for me please ?

I've checked the information on the Net, the WGT634 doesn't have a built in
ADSL modem while the WG834G has one. What ISP are you connected to? If
you've NTL or Telewest, WGT634 should be good enough for you but if you're
on ADSL, you surely need the WG834G.