network hub/switch

Old September 8th 04, 06:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Default network hub/switch

Have ordered the speedtouch 530 with my broadband. I would like to expand the
ports and wondering if this product will suffice... http://tinyurl.com/42mrd
Also can I confirm that it is straight cables I need and not crossover?

Old September 8th 04, 06:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Beck" wrote in message
Have ordered the speedtouch 530 with my broadband. I would like to expand the
ports and wondering if this product will suffice... http://tinyurl.com/42mrd
Also can I confirm that it is straight cables I need and not crossover?

sorry I meant this one... http://tinyurl.com/6szd3 not the usb one, I need it to
be self powered.

Old September 8th 04, 09:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Kev" wrote in message

"Beck" wrote in message
Have ordered the speedtouch 530 with my broadband. I would like to expand

the
ports and wondering if this product will suffice...

http://tinyurl.com/42mrd
Also can I confirm that it is straight cables I need and not crossover?

Use straight ones

Thanks Kev, got loads of those somewhere in my box of tricks :-)

Old September 9th 04, 09:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Comley

"Beck" wrote:

Have ordered the speedtouch 530 with my broadband. I would like to expand the
ports and wondering if this product will suffice... http://tinyurl.com/42mrd
Also can I confirm that it is straight cables I need and not crossover?

Very strange to have it USB powered. Means it has to be near a PC with
USB slots to spare and also which has USB power to spare. Might be
safer to get a more traditional one with a 12v fat-plug.

Note the "auto-MDI/MDIX on all ports" means it doesn't *matter* if you
use straight or crossover cables. This is fairly common on all modern
"commodity" swithches.

---
Business ADSL solutions
www.wizards.co.uk
Old September 9th 04, 11:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Chris Comley" wrote in message
"Beck" wrote:

Have ordered the speedtouch 530 with my broadband. I would like to expand

the
ports and wondering if this product will suffice... http://tinyurl.com/42mrd
Also can I confirm that it is straight cables I need and not crossover?

Very strange to have it USB powered. Means it has to be near a PC with
USB slots to spare and also which has USB power to spare. Might be
safer to get a more traditional one with a 12v fat-plug.

Note the "auto-MDI/MDIX on all ports" means it doesn't *matter* if you
use straight or crossover cables. This is fairly common on all modern
"commodity" swithches.

Note my second post. I gave the wrong link. The one I wanted was the next
model up which is self powered, not usb.