Some questions on Dial-Start BB

Old September 8th 04, 08:18 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom.broadband
Eric S

Default Some questions on Dial-Start BB

Hi,

I am strongly considering using this service as it is only £17.99 p/m.
However I could use assistance in finding the following information:

- do they provide POP & SMTP?
- do they provide newsgroups server with binaries?
- would I still get the free modem on offer despite having a broad
band connection? Will they know I have a broad band and a modem and
thus not give me the free modem or will they just send me the modem
anyway upon signing up?

regards
Old September 8th 04, 08:31 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

Eric S wrote in message
Hi,

I am strongly considering using this service as it is only £17.99 p/m.
However I could use assistance in finding the following information:

- do they provide POP & SMTP?

Yes

- do they provide newsgroups server with binaries?

Yes to newsgroups, unknown about binarys, but probably yes

- would I still get the free modem on offer despite having a broad
band connection?

Yes

Will they know I have a broad band and a modem and

Yes

thus not give me the free modem or will they just send me the modem
anyway upon signing up?

They will send it to you, upon sign up you choose the equipment.
Look for my post in the thread titled "DialStart Broadband - too good to be
true?" in uk.telecom.broadband
As i actually emailed them with similar questions and have put the original
email and response in that thread.
HTH