Not Exactly BB?

Old September 8th 04, 10:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joy

Default Not Exactly BB?

My father is on dial up with BT Internet allowing him 150 hours per month
for a set fee.

His problem is that he never knows how much he has used and has left so to
speak. Is there a program that will start timing when he logs onto the net
and continues the next time he logs on, so he knows how much he has used?

Many thanks

Joy

Old September 8th 04, 11:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian

http://www.maxmagnus.com/RasTimer/Home.htm

Old September 8th 04, 11:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Me

"Joy" wrote in message
My father is on dial up with BT Internet allowing him 150 hours per

month
for a set fee.

His problem is that he never knows how much he has used and has left so

speak. Is there a program that will start timing when he logs onto the

net
and continues the next time he logs on, so he knows how much he has

used?

I used to use No Frills Timer back before "Anytime" access. It's
available from: http://grofsoft.com/nft/overview.html

I think BT Internet send an email if you are getting close to the limit.

Old September 8th 04, 11:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Joy" wrote in message
My father is on dial up with BT Internet allowing him 150 hours per month
for a set fee.

His problem is that he never knows how much he has used and has left so to
speak. Is there a program that will start timing when he logs onto the net
and continues the next time he logs on, so he knows how much he has used?

http://www.btopenworld.com/mybtopenw...age/login.html

He can login there, when the page loads, click on usage details and it should
give him the number of days left of the month and the number of hours left.

Old September 8th 04, 11:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joy

"Joy" wrote in message
My father is on dial up with BT Internet allowing him 150 hours per month
for a set fee.

His problem is that he never knows how much he has used and has left so to
speak. Is there a program that will start timing when he logs onto the net
and continues the next time he logs on, so he knows how much he has used?

Many thanks

Joy

Thank you everyone just what he needs, much appreciated

Many thanks Joy

Old September 9th 04, 01:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joy

"Joy" wrote in message
My father is on dial up with BT Internet allowing him 150 hours per month
for a set fee.

His problem is that he never knows how much he has used and has left so to
speak. Is there a program that will start timing when he logs onto the net
and continues the next time he logs on, so he knows how much he has used?

Many thanks

Joy

I wonder if you clever lot can assist me? I am looking for a programs that
checks your computer, registry basically everything and then fixes it. I
will need a free program if there is such a one.
Also I have IE6 installed which I think there is a problem with. Is it
possible to download ie6 and install it over the current one?

Many thanks once again
Joy

Old September 9th 04, 02:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

I wonder if you clever lot can assist me? I am looking for a programs that
checks your computer, registry basically everything and then fixes it. I
will need a free program if there is such a one.
Also I have IE6 installed which I think there is a problem with. Is it
possible to download ie6 and install it over the current one?

What specific problems are you having ?

IE is a permanent problem - you may well be infested with spyware, but
its almost always fixable...

Try some of the links i`ve got on www.phoenixbbs.co.uk

(tips on installing Spybot Search & Destroy, links to spywareblaster,
cwshredder, hijackthis etc - all free)

Old September 9th 04, 10:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Joy" wrote in message

I wonder if you clever lot can assist me? I am looking for a programs that
checks your computer, registry basically everything and then fixes it. I
will need a free program if there is such a one.
Also I have IE6 installed which I think there is a problem with. Is it
possible to download ie6 and install it over the current one?

The problem could be one of spyware given to you free by websites that you go
to. They are a pain in the arse and can really slow down your system and mess
up IE6.
Download Adaware personal edition (it is free) install it and run it. Once it
is finished you will probably be amazed what the program finds. These files are
not harmful like Virus's, they just slow you down and make the PC lethergic.
Download here.. http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
Then run the program on a regular basis say once a week to reduce build up.
Because when you remove them they will come back in time.