Activation date notice via Plusnet?

Old September 8th 04, 10:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

Default Activation date notice via Plusnet?

I have ordered BB (512K) with Plusnet, as of last weekend.

They have an "ADSL tracker", that tracks the progress of your order
(currently showing "submitted to BT").

The question I have is whether I will get any advance notification of
the activation date, or will it just be a case of one day "your line
is now activated".

The advice not to buy equipment until told it is active would seem
silly now, as it will almost always be activated - it just might not
work :-(

--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
It's as easy as 3.14159265358979323846264338327950...

To reply by email, my address is aDOTjDOTheneyATbtinternetDOTcom
Old September 8th 04, 10:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Alex Heney" wrote in message
I have ordered BB (512K) with Plusnet, as of last weekend.

They have an "ADSL tracker", that tracks the progress of your order
(currently showing "submitted to BT").

The question I have is whether I will get any advance notification of
the activation date, or will it just be a case of one day "your line
is now activated".

The advice not to buy equipment until told it is active would seem
silly now, as it will almost always be activated - it just might not
work :-(

I would have thought you would have been given an activation date when you
ordered. Or do plusnet not work like that?

Old September 8th 04, 11:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 21:51:39 +0000 (UTC), "Beck"
wrote:

"Alex Heney" wrote in message
.. .
I have ordered BB (512K) with Plusnet, as of last weekend.

They have an "ADSL tracker", that tracks the progress of your order
(currently showing "submitted to BT").

The question I have is whether I will get any advance notification of
the activation date, or will it just be a case of one day "your line
is now activated".

The advice not to buy equipment until told it is active would seem
silly now, as it will almost always be activated - it just might not
work :-(

I would have thought you would have been given an activation date when you
ordered. Or do plusnet not work like that?

No. They say it is usually 7-10 days from when the order is submitted
to BT (which was Monday).

Old September 8th 04, 11:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Alex Heney" wrote in message
I would have thought you would have been given an activation date when you
ordered. Or do plusnet not work like that?

No. They say it is usually 7-10 days from when the order is submitted
to BT (which was Monday).

urgh I could not work like that. I would have to know a date of service.
I placed my order with BTYapoo on Monday and was given a choice of activation
dates. The earliest I could get was next Wednesday 15th. So that is around 10
days.

Old September 9th 04, 07:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

wrote:

"Alex Heney" wrote in message
I have ordered BB (512K) with Plusnet, as of last weekend.

They have an "ADSL tracker", that tracks the progress of your
order (currently showing "submitted to BT").

The question I have is whether I will get any advance
notification of the activation date, or will it just be a case of
one day "your line is now activated".

The advice not to buy equipment until told it is active would seem
silly now, as it will almost always be activated - it just might
not work :-(

I would have thought you would have been given an activation date
when you ordered. Or do plusnet not work like that?

No. They say it is usually 7-10 days from when the order is
submitted to BT (which was Monday).

They have got an order tracking facility on their site, but be warned, I
understand that it is normal for it to lag a little

Old September 9th 04, 02:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

Default BT Order tracking (was Activation date notice via Plusnet?

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, "Kráftéé" wrote:

They have got an order tracking facility on their site, but be warned, I
understand that it is normal for it to lag a little

https://www.cs-server1.bt.com/hhway-...ABC&TELNUM=XYZ

Insert customer number (AA99999999) and telephone number into the string...
Sunil has posted this URL in the past, and perhaps someone else before him.
Old September 9th 04, 03:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Buzby

They have an "ADSL tracker", that tracks the progress of your order
(currently showing "submitted to BT").

The question I have is whether I will get any advance notification of
the activation date, or will it just be a case of one day "your line
is now activated".

The advice not to buy equipment until told it is active would seem
silly now, as it will almost always be activated - it just might not
work :-(

I would have thought you would have been given an activation date when

you
ordered. Or do plusnet not work like that?

No. They say it is usually 7-10 days from when the order is submitted
to BT (which was Monday).

Theres only one small problem here in the equation - BT. = Terminally
useless IMO

Old September 9th 04, 08:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Michael Chare

"Beck" wrote in message

"Alex Heney" wrote in message
I would have thought you would have been given an activation date when you
ordered. Or do plusnet not work like that?

No. They say it is usually 7-10 days from when the order is submitted
to BT (which was Monday).

urgh I could not work like that. I would have to know a date of service.
I placed my order with BTYapoo on Monday and was given a choice of activation
dates. The earliest I could get was next Wednesday 15th. So that is around

10
days.

I ordered a new line from Pipex on Monday 6th. This morning they sent me an
email telling me that BT have advised that the line will be enabled on the 14th.

Now I am wondering when my modem and filters will arrive which Pipex claim to
have sent on the 8th.

Michael Chare

Old September 9th 04, 08:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Michael Chare" wrote in message
"Beck" wrote in message

"Alex Heney" wrote in message
[...]

Well its only 9th now, give a day or 2 for royal mail slowness :-)