Connection Monitor

Old September 9th 04, 10:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Robin Grayson

Default Connection Monitor

Hi All,

I have just had my plusnet connection upgraded to 2MBps and whether
coincidentaly or not, have had intermittent connection problems since
that time.

Does anybody know of an external site that monitors connections? I
want to log the times my connection is unavailable, and my router
(DSL-504) does not give that information.

I have static IP's so it should be fairly easy?

Many Thanks,
Robin
Old September 10th 04, 05:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony

Robin Grayson wrote on Thu, 9 Sep 2004 at 09:45:16:
Hi All,

I have just had my plusnet connection upgraded to 2MBps and whether
coincidentaly or not, have had intermittent connection problems since
that time.

Does anybody know of an external site that monitors connections? I
want to log the times my connection is unavailable, and my router
(DSL-504) does not give that information.

How about running PingPlotter yourself www.pingplotter.com? Or if it
must be an external site for some reason, get a mate with (more
reliable) broadband to monitor your IP with it for you (unless your
firewall or ISP is blocking inbound ICMP, in which case try its UDP ping
setting)?

--
Tony