immidiate sign up????

Old September 9th 04, 12:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeteC

Default immidiate sign up????

Is there any ISP's that you can sign up with that can get you connected
immediately? Also without the 12 month contract?
Our exchange was enabled on the 1st and the wife is driving me MAD!!! She's
pregnant and very emotional and will only be happy when we have broadband.
We've signed up to Central Point, but they have to have something else
installed in our exchange. It will more than like be connected in the next
week or so, but I just want to keep the wife quiet.
Any help??

Please??

I think I'm going mad!!!!

Old September 9th 04, 12:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mutley

"PeteC" wrote in message
Is there any ISP's that you can sign up with that can get you connected
immediately? Also without the 12 month contract?
Our exchange was enabled on the 1st and the wife is driving me MAD!!!

She's
pregnant and very emotional and will only be happy when we have broadband.
We've signed up to Central Point, but they have to have something else
installed in our exchange. It will more than like be connected in the next
week or so, but I just want to keep the wife quiet.
Any help??

Please??

I think I'm going mad!!!!

No!
Its due to BT as they have to enable the line to be used with ADSL...

Old September 9th 04, 01:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MuDsHaRk

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 11:19:45 +0100, PeteC wrote:

Is there any ISP's that you can sign up with that can get you connected
immediately? Also without the 12 month contract?
Our exchange was enabled on the 1st and the wife is driving me MAD!!!
She's
pregnant and very emotional and will only be happy when we have
broadband.
We've signed up to Central Point, but they have to have something else
installed in our exchange. It will more than like be connected in the
next
week or so, but I just want to keep the wife quiet.
Any help??

Please??

I think I'm going mad!!!!

wireless NIC and netstumbler may do the trick
Old September 9th 04, 03:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"PeteC" wrote in message
Is there any ISP's that you can sign up with that can get you connected
immediately? Also without the 12 month contract?
Our exchange was enabled on the 1st and the wife is driving me MAD!!! She's
pregnant and very emotional and will only be happy when we have broadband.
We've signed up to Central Point, but they have to have something else
installed in our exchange. It will more than like be connected in the next
week or so, but I just want to keep the wife quiet.
Any help??

Hot bath, lots of chocolate and a tuna and banana pizza.

Old September 10th 04, 01:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"PeteC" wrote in message

Is there any ISP's that you can sign up with that can get you
connected immediately? Also without the 12 month contract?

Not immediately - but most can get you active within 3/4 days.

Our exchange was enabled on the 1st and the wife is driving me MAD!!!
She's pregnant and very emotional and will only be happy when we have
broadband. We've signed up to Central Point, but they have to have
something else installed in our exchange. It will more than like be
connected in the next week or so, but I just want to keep the wife
quiet.

CentrePoint use a different methof tham most ISP's to conenct to the
exchange - hence the delay.

Regards
Sunil

Old September 10th 04, 08:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 10 Sep 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, "Sunil Sood" wrote:

CentrePoint use a different methof tham most ISP's to conenct to the
exchange - hence the delay.

Is there any list of firms using datastream, and having seen comments in FAQ
documents about needing a 'like' product for migrations to be possible, this
presumably means I would be hunting for other firms using datastream if I do
wish to later migrate from the 1000 kbps service when my 12 months is up (it
was hoped a reduction to a sub-30 pound fee was going to be in place back in
July but so far this has not been forthcoming). Peter M.
Old September 10th 04, 08:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"poster" wrote in message

Is there any list of firms using datastream, and having seen comments
in FAQ documents about needing a 'like' product for migrations to be
possible, this presumably means I would be hunting for other firms
using datastream if I do wish to later migrate from the 1000 kbps
service when my 12 months is up (it was hoped a reduction to a sub-30
pound fee was going to be in place back in July but so far this has
not been forthcoming). Peter M.

No definative list that I am aware of - however from memory the following
use DataStream, though their will be others:

Bulldog (at least some of the time)
CentrePoint
Hi-Velocity (http://www.hi-velocity.it)
Tiscali
Tesco

BT are due to start DataStream--IPStream migrations later this year
(IPStream--DataStream already exist) - so you will have a larger choice
then.

However, I believe the restricition on migrating to a same speed service
will remain.

Regards
Sunil

Old September 10th 04, 01:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 00:51:01 +0100, "Sunil Sood"
wrote:

"PeteC" wrote in message

Is there any ISP's that you can sign up with that can get you
connected immediately? Also without the 12 month contract?

Not immediately - but most can get you active within 3/4 days.

So why do they all say 7-10 days (or 5-7 working days, which amounts
to the same thing).

--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
I went to the Net and all I got was this stupid tagline.

To reply by email, my address is aDOTjDOTheneyATbtinternetDOTcom
Old September 10th 04, 08:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Alex Heney" wrote in message

So why do they all say 7-10 days (or 5-7 working days, which amounts
to the same thing).

Because that what BT Wholesale tend to quote a suggested 5 days for an
install (then add a few if the line has a DACS on it)

Regards
Sunil