Anyone had problems with Plusnet DSL orders?

Old September 9th 04, 05:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Michael Rodgers

Default Anyone had problems with Plusnet DSL orders?

Hi,

Been desperate for ADSL for years now, so obviously I'm very pleased that I
can now probably get it with the new limits.

Pre-ordered (well, filled out a form) with my preffered ISP, Plusnet, last
week.

The form said somebody would contact me.

They didn't, so I got up first thing Monday morning to place my order. Now,
I've had a Free F9 account ever since I downgraded from their paid for
dialup a few years ago, so wanted to upgrade. Only it wouldn't work. Called
support, turns out last time I tried to order DSL, well over a year ago,
they'd not moved my account back to a free account so it was showing as
being a DSL account already hence the system wouldn't process the order.

They said they'd do it manually.

Ever since then, my order has been in the 'provisioning queue' and has yet
to be even submitted to BT. It's now Thursday. Every time I call, I'm just
told they are 'very busy' and that it'll be dealt with in turn. Very
helpful - I have a week off this week and was hoping to be able to get some
sort of activation date/confirmation I could actually have DSL in time for
me to order a wireless router and spend the time setting it up...

Can I expect them to actually send my order to BT this side of Christmas or
should I just give up and order with somebody else? I like the package they
offer and I've heard glowing reports of the service, so I'd really rather
not, but if they can't even submit my order to BT within 4 days of me
getting up at 7am on the day the new limits take effect to order it, what
else can't they do?

I hoped to have DSL activated by Monday. I doubt it'll even have been
submitted to BT by then

Old September 9th 04, 06:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

An application would normally take 7-10 days largely dependant on BT. Plus
like most other ISPs I suspect are swamped with orders and regrades as are
BT. expecting the work to be done quickly under the circumstances is
optimistic to say the least!

Old September 9th 04, 06:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Michael Rodgers wrote:
[...]

Well you could have pre-ordered like a lot of other people did, that way you
wouldn't be so far back in the queue. Yes Plusnet was taking pre-orders
(like most other ISP's).

Old September 9th 04, 06:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Michael Rodgers

"Kráftéé" wrote in message
Well you could have pre-ordered like a lot of other people did

As you'll see from the opening part of my post, I did pre-order.

Not to worry, literally a few minuites after posting I received notice that
its been submitted to BT and I now have an activation date of the 16th

Old September 9th 04, 07:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Hewitt

Peter Crosland wrote:

An application would normally take 7-10 days largely dependant on BT. Plus
like most other ISPs I suspect are swamped with orders and regrades as are
BT. expecting the work to be done quickly under the circumstances is
optimistic to say the least!

I think that's excuses. I signed with Wanadoo last week (I know, it was
against my better judgement), and got connected in 4 days.

--
Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5) - FJ1200 ABS
Honda Civic 16v: Windows free zone (Mac G5 Dual Processor)
Old September 9th 04, 08:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

I think that's excuses. I signed with Wanadoo last week (I know, it
was against my better judgement), and got connected in 4 days.

Two points. One last week was before the deluge that started on 6th
September and once the ISP has placed the order they are totally dependant
on BT to do the work the timing of which varies from excahnge to exchange.
You were VERY fortunate to get it done so quickly.

--
gee six jay en

Replace the words with the numbers to email me

Old September 9th 04, 10:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Hewitt

Peter Crosland wrote:

I think that's excuses. I signed with Wanadoo last week (I know, it
was against my better judgement), and got connected in 4 days.

Two points. One last week was before the deluge that started on 6th
September and once the ISP has placed the order they are totally dependant
on BT to do the work the timing of which varies from excahnge to exchange.
You were VERY fortunate to get it done so quickly.

Mine got activated on the 6th. Your point about variations in regions is
taken though.

Old September 9th 04, 11:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 18:42:06 +0100, "Michael Rodgers"
wrote:

"Kráftéé" wrote in message
Well you could have pre-ordered like a lot of other people did

As you'll see from the opening part of my post, I did pre-order.

Not to worry, literally a few minuites after posting I received notice that
its been submitted to BT and I now have an activation date of the 16th

Mine was submitted to BT on the 6th, and I still don't have an
activation date :-(

--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Why are Chinese fortune cookies written in English?

To reply by email, my address is aDOTjDOTheneyATbtinternetDOTcom
Old September 10th 04, 03:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Linker3000

BT currently have an er..slight problem...with broadband requests...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/09...stems_failure/