Domain registration

Old September 9th 04, 06:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clint Sharp

Default Domain registration

I suppose there'll be as many different answers as there are replies,
but who do you use to register domains? Looking to register a .co.uk for
at least 2 years, I'm not looking for hosting or URL masking, I just
want to be able to point the domain at an existing site and forward
email based on names. Don't want to be stuck with horrendous transfer
fees if I decide to move either.
--
Clint Sharp
Old September 9th 04, 07:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Hutchings

Clint Sharp wrote in
news
I suppose there'll be as many different answers as there are replies,
but who do you use to register domains? Looking to register a .co.uk for
at least 2 years, I'm not looking for hosting or URL masking, I just
want to be able to point the domain at an existing site and forward
email based on names. Don't want to be stuck with horrendous transfer
fees if I decide to move either.

Godaddy?

regards
Paul
paul at spamcop.net
Old September 9th 04, 07:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

"Paul Hutchings" wrote in message
. 1.4...
Clint Sharp wrote in
news
I suppose there'll be as many different answers as there are replies,
but who do you use to register domains? Looking to register a .co.uk for
at least 2 years, I'm not looking for hosting or URL masking, I just
want to be able to point the domain at an existing site and forward
email based on names. Don't want to be stuck with horrendous transfer
fees if I decide to move either.

I recommend www.oneandone.co.uk. Excellent facilities, and cheap prices
1.99+vat/yr

Old September 9th 04, 07:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Shaw

"Clint Sharp" wrote in message
news
I suppose there'll be as many different answers as there are replies, but
who do you use to register domains? Looking to register a .co.uk for at
least 2 years, I'm not looking for hosting or URL masking, I just want to
be able to point the domain at an existing site and forward email based on
names. Don't want to be stuck with horrendous transfer fees if I decide to
move either.
--
Clint Sharp

I've used freeparking.co.uk many times - no complaints and offers what you
want

Cheers

Nick

Old September 9th 04, 07:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Shevek

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 18:13:10 +0100, Clint Sharp
wrote:

I suppose there'll be as many different answers as there are replies,
but who do you use to register domains? Looking to register a .co.uk for
at least 2 years, I'm not looking for hosting or URL masking, I just
want to be able to point the domain at an existing site and forward
email based on names. Don't want to be stuck with horrendous transfer
fees if I decide to move either.

I used to use www.freeparking.co.uk but moved on to www.ukreg.com
mainly because I started using their sister company
www.fasthosts.co.uk for my hosting.
Old September 9th 04, 08:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicola Redwood

http://www.oneandone.co.uk

Old September 9th 04, 08:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alec McKenzie

wrote:

I suppose there'll be as many different answers as there are replies,
but who do you use to register domains? Looking to register a .co.uk for
at least 2 years, I'm not looking for hosting or URL masking, I just
want to be able to point the domain at an existing site and forward
email based on names. Don't want to be stuck with horrendous transfer
fees if I decide to move either.

www.123reg.co.uk is who I use for all of my domains and come highly
recommended. The control panel you get, will allow you to point your
domain to where ever you wish. It works extremely well - and its
probably the cheapest available.

Not quite the cheapest. In spite of their claim of "...the lowest prices
in the World, guaranteed ** !", they charge 5.18 (plus VAT) for two
years, while www.1and1.co.uk charges 3.98 for the same.

** There is no indication of what the ** might mean.

--
Alec McKenzie

Old September 9th 04, 10:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
GwG

wrote:

I suppose there'll be as many different answers as there are replies,
but who do you use to register domains? Looking to register a .co.uk for
at least 2 years, I'm not looking for hosting or URL masking, I just
want to be able to point the domain at an existing site and forward
email based on names. Don't want to be stuck with horrendous transfer
fees if I decide to move either.

www.123reg.co.uk is who I use for all of my domains and come highly
recommended. The control panel you get, will allow you to point your
domain to where ever you wish. It works extremely well - and its
probably the cheapest available.

Not quite the cheapest. In spite of their claim of "...the lowest prices
in the World, guaranteed ** !", they charge 5.18 (plus VAT) for two
years, while www.1and1.co.uk charges 3.98 for the same.

** There is no indication of what the ** might mean.

They state that the domain name is 9p per year, and registry fee is 2.50 per
year, both plus VAT, total 3.04 per year.
Despite this slightly misleading claim, I have used 123reg for my domain names,
and been very satisfied with their service, although they have now been taken
over by Pipex, and I have not needed to contact them since before the takeover.

Old September 9th 04, 10:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pete devlin

In message , Clint Sharp
writes
I suppose there'll be as many different answers as there are replies,
but who do you use to register domains? Looking to register a .co.uk
for at least 2 years, I'm not looking for hosting or URL masking, I
just want to be able to point the domain at an existing site and
forward email based on names. Don't want to be stuck with horrendous
transfer fees if I decide to move either.

One and one. I used a few and they are the cheapest and best.
--
Pete Devlin
Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
Old September 10th 04, 12:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, Shevek wrote:

moved on to www.ukreg.com

Yes, I have some domains with them, and others with www.123-reg.co.uk
but they have had fees for transfer-in (except during 'special offer'
periods, while ukreg.com doesn't have charges for in/out transfers).

Personally I wouldn't recommend oneandone.co.uk as I've found some of
their handling less than ideal (no renewal warning, from what I saw,
need a fax to change IPSTAG, and billing issues). Peter M.