Updating firmware on a Dlink 604+

Old September 9th 04, 07:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dunesea

Default Updating firmware on a Dlink 604+

Does anyone know how to do this?

I've downloaded the latest firmware update but it's just a DAT file.

Can anyone help please

Thanks

Si

Old September 9th 04, 10:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
higgy

"Dunesea" wrote:

Does anyone know how to do this?

I've downloaded the latest firmware update but it's just a DAT file.

That's because you don't run a firmware file on your PC, you usually just
have to tell the router where it is. I have a netgear router, so I can't
offer specific advice, but with mine I enter the routers setup menu by
pointing my web browser at 192.168.0.1 and then select "Gateway Upgrade"
which provides access to a file browser to select the new firmware file
from off my PC's harddrive. I assume DLink has a similar system.

Dave.
Old September 9th 04, 10:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob J

"higgy" wrote in message
93.157...
"Dunesea" wrote:

Does anyone know how to do this?

I've downloaded the latest firmware update but it's just a DAT file.

That's because you don't run a firmware file on your PC, you usually just
have to tell the router where it is. I have a netgear router, so I can't
offer specific advice, but with mine I enter the routers setup menu by
pointing my web browser at 192.168.0.1 and then select "Gateway Upgrade"
which provides access to a file browser to select the new firmware file
from off my PC's harddrive. I assume DLink has a similar system.

yup. Just log in to the router, go to maintenance and then select update
firmware. You then just locate update file on your PC and bob's your uncle.

Old September 10th 04, 10:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dunesea

"Bob J" wrote in message

"higgy" wrote in message
93.157...
"Dunesea" wrote:

Does anyone know how to do this?

I've downloaded the latest firmware update but it's just a DAT file.

That's because you don't run a firmware file on your PC, you usually

just
have to tell the router where it is. I have a netgear router, so I can't
offer specific advice, but with mine I enter the routers setup menu by
pointing my web browser at 192.168.0.1 and then select "Gateway Upgrade"
which provides access to a file browser to select the new firmware file
from off my PC's harddrive. I assume DLink has a similar system.

yup. Just log in to the router, go to maintenance and then select update
firmware. You then just locate update file on your PC and bob's your

uncle.

ok cheers guys, done it,

Didn't know it was that simple to be honest, tells you nothing in the
manual. but hey we are talking about dlink here :-\