ADSL Router Recommendations

Old September 10th 04, 10:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Robin Grayson

Default ADSL Router Recommendations

Anyone got recommendations for a good BUSINESS class ADSL router?

I emphasise Business class because the router will need maximum uptime
as I will have 2 remote sites linked to it using IPSEC tunnels through
some watchguard firewalls.

Cheers,
Robin
Old September 10th 04, 11:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Marky

http://www.buffalotech.com/products/...2&categoryid=6

125* Hi Speed Mode(TM) Wireless Cable/DSL Router with AOSS

99% uptime because it stands upright heat hardly effects them, I converted
from a Belkin as this generally locked up about 50% of the time.

Handy Diagnostic web interface and wireless features are brilliant with the
option to put a wireless Ariel to extend the range perfect bit of kit and
quality equipment.

firewall a doddle to alter & handles all the latest wep (tkip, aes) security
with mac filter & firewall worth every penny !

Old September 11th 04, 10:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Robin Grayson" wrote in message

Anyone got recommendations for a good BUSINESS class ADSL router?

I emphasise Business class because the router will need maximum uptime
as I will have 2 remote sites linked to it using IPSEC tunnels through
some watchguard firewalls.

You may want to ask in uk.net.providers.aaisp as their will be quite a few
people with similar needs/requirements in there.

However, I suspect "business class" may equal a Cisco..

Regards
Sunil

Old September 12th 04, 10:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Linker3000

Robin Grayson wrote:

Anyone got recommendations for a good BUSINESS class ADSL router?

I emphasise Business class because the router will need maximum uptime
as I will have 2 remote sites linked to it using IPSEC tunnels through
some watchguard firewalls.

Cheers,
Robin

If you don't go the full Cisco hog, start with Draytek - rock solid in
my experience.

You said BUSINESS class so I probably don't need to tell you to avoid US
Robotics and SMC - I 'inherited' about 25 sites with these and at least
2-3 lock up per month. The sites in which I installed Draytek's in June
have had 100% broadband uptime.