DataStream & IPStream broadband

Old September 10th 04, 12:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

Default DataStream & IPStream broadband

What is the difference between DataStream and IPStream broadband.

In an earlier post I was advised that not many providers use DataStream
anymore. The ISP I have ordered with DO appear to use DataStream. As a
user, would I notice any difference between the two and if so what?

In short. Should I be concerned about being provided with DataStream? And
if so why?

Thanks.

Old September 10th 04, 08:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 11:38:15 +0100, "Dave" @. wrote:

Should I be concerned about being provided with DataStream? And
if so why?

you may find you are sharing not quite enough bandwidth with rather
too many people on your exchange, on account of a Datastream provider
having a small connection with a few users whereas IPstream has large
connections with many users so the probability of slowdowns is less.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old September 11th 04, 05:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
robert w hall

In article , Phil Thompson
writes
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 11:38:15 +0100, "Dave" @. wrote:

Should I be concerned about being provided with DataStream? And
if so why?

you may find you are sharing not quite enough bandwidth with rather
too many people on your exchange, on account of a Datastream provider
having a small connection with a few users whereas IPstream has large
connections with many users so the probability of slowdowns is less.

Phil

Well Demon use Datastream IIRC
But, you're the only other person I know to be on Demon Phil, and
you're_ about 150 miles away :-)
--
robert w hall
Old September 11th 04, 08:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 16:26:53 +0100, robert w hall
wrote:

Well Demon use Datastream IIRC
But, you're the only other person I know to be on Demon Phil, and
you're_ about 150 miles away :-)

Demon use datastream for their low contention business products,
however Express or whatever my 512k is called is IPStream500

Phil
Old September 11th 04, 08:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
robert w hall

In article , Phil Thompson
writes
wrote:

Demon use datastream for their low contention business products,
however Express or whatever my 512k is called is IPStream500

(looks at BT bill & blushes) - darn yes, you're right (another unforced
error - no wonder I had to give up brain surgery for nuclear reactor
safety)

Phil

--
robert w hall